Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that Catterick almost bought Bremner but Revie said that if he left, they could look for a new manager.
Can't remember where I read that. Possibly on here

I'm not sure, the Revie era was well before my time but Bremner was the star player of the Revie era so I wouldn't be surprised if Revie said something like that.

The one thing that has always annoyed me about Rooney was not moving at the time, but the manner of the move, we were absolutley broke, stayed up with the lowest points ever the season before (a bad spanking at home to City in the last game if memory serves me correctly). Despite that he drops in a transfer request the last week of the window, not giving us a chance to invest in the squad, untill the following window, for all he cared we could have went to the wall and been relegated. For me the timeing and how he enginered the move means i will never consider him an Evertonian again. Hes a tremendous player but not a blue for me - there are ways of conducting yourself with dignity and he never has.

Rooney is a media side show for me. More important is 3 points - we need a crunching tackle from Pip to get the season started, and we go on to a narrow victory.

Wayne can go home beaten, looking forward to receiving the first edition of the NOTW tonight!

rooney is an evertonian to the bone anyone thinks different is kidding themselves. he will be back sooner (hopefully) or later - i believe hes an honest lad whos made mistakes like us all - i wasnt angry when he left us just unbelievably sad and i hoped one day he`d come back on a free. some people seem to be still angry.

SKY NEWS on some sympathy trip for Wayne...

quotes from Ferguson about how terrible we at Everton all are etc

Funny how the media has shifted the story (the Manc Spin Doctors/Press Officers obviously been busy!) to "poor old Wayne".

Anyone would think we (Everton) forced him to kiss the badge, give all those interviews and now shoot for goal with Premiership Jen !!!

RIDICULOUS.

EFC Mark Rowan, get on it ! The story is Everton scoring 2 in two minutes AND IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THREE!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.