Visiting Goodison for the first time to watch my beloved Everton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travelodge is not to bad like but would suggest the premier inn on the docks though always been good for me, Quite a few launderettes around mate shouldn't be a problem, however i'm almost certain that you can get it done at most hotels/Travelodge/premier inn's if your arsed looking for one. (Not very costly at all).
I'm not fussy, just want somewhere I know I would be safe and warm, and can get close to a laundromat or has washing/drying machine.

Never been to Europe so this will be a bit daunting for me, also planning to visit London, France and the smaller Euro countries for the lulz (Andorra, Monaco, Lichtenstein etc.) and wherever we get allocated in the Europa League most likely matchdays 4-6.

Since I will be touring for a while I want cheap accommodation (haven't booked any flights or anything yet as I gotta get some non-football related stuff confirmed)

I've been watching football and supporting only Everton since 2004, always wondered if one day I'd make it to Goodison to witness the ground shaking myself. Now after 10 long I'm finally visiting UK and I'm not leaving unless I watch Everton play.

It turns out we're playing Arsenal on 23rd August so I have my sights on this game and I know tickets would be hard to get. I would really appreciate if my fellow blues here could help me guide the most "economical" way of enjoying my Goodison experience as I've been saving my pocket money for this day ever since I found out it was on! My concerns are the following:

1. Do I need to get the everton membership first and will it guarantee me a Goodison ticket?

2. Do I wait for the general public ticket sales when they open cos it may be a risk?

3. Any way I could meet ANY player while taking up that Goodison tour package?

4. Thomas Cook packages...they are way too expensive but are they worth it?

Last thing, I need a list of all the MUST SEE places in Liverpool.

Thank you in advance. I'll probably be the only Pakistani Everton fan here but I'm gonna chant like a true blue till I lose my voice.

You hopefully wont be the only Pakastani fan there, football thankfully is becoming a lot more incluisive. Have a great day. COYB's

Rights lads, so I have bought the Foreverton membership and am checking every day when the tickets for the Arsenal game are gonna be out. Just wondering though...since I have bought my foreverton membership, shouldn't I be allowed to enter the foreverton membership area on the OS or does it take a couple of days to be activated?
Someone mentioned trying the main stand or the upper bullens, will surely look to those stands although I had a perception that the atmosphere in the Gwaldy's is the best. Oh, and if someone has a link to the most famous Everton chants/songs (apart from GOT) that I can learn to sing pls do PM me, gonna stand for 90 min holding my everton scarf singing all the time until I lose me voice. ;)

Rights lads, so I have bought the Foreverton membership and am checking every day when the tickets for the Arsenal game are gonna be out. Just wondering though...since I have bought my foreverton membership, shouldn't I be allowed to enter the foreverton membership area on the OS or does it take a couple of days to be activated?
Someone mentioned trying the main stand or the upper bullens, will surely look to those stands although I had a perception that the atmosphere in the Gwaldy's is the best. Oh, and if someone has a link to the most famous Everton chants/songs (apart from GOT) that I can learn to sing pls do PM me, gonna stand for 90 min holding my everton scarf singing all the time until I lose me voice. ;)

get yourself in the lower Gwladys mate if you want to sing your heart out that's where the atmosphere emanates from in the main.

get yourself in the lower Gwladys mate if you want to sing your heart out that's where the atmosphere emanates from in the main.

Just what I thought watching everton games on TV these past 12 years. I bet tickets for lower Gwaldy's sell out sooner than the other stands. The sooner I can get em, the better!

So the tickets go on sale tomorrow. Just wondering if its a good idea to get a seat in the main stand or should I go for Lower Gwaldy's like I intended previously. With the main stand, I get a good view of both ends where as LG has the best atmosphere but the Park End view might not be that good. Suggestions?

The Hampton is nice, its basically a Hilton. Right next door to the Baltic Fleet pub, if you like your real ale. Osman's testimonial was meant to be 9/10 Aug, however rumours are that its been pushed forward to the 4th, due to certain Spanish teams wanting to play us on the 9/10th instead. Although nothing confirmed yet.
This. Stayed at the Hampton for my first game last Feb and enjoyed the hotel immensely. Enjoyed the Baltic Fleet even more. We just don't have places with that kind of character and history in the States.

So the tickets go on sale tomorrow. Just wondering if its a good idea to get a seat in the main stand or should I go for Lower Gwaldy's like I intended previously. With the main stand, I get a good view of both ends where as LG has the best atmosphere but the Park End view might not be that good. Suggestions?
I would go Lower Gwaldy's the atmosphere is fantastic.I wouldn't be too bothered about the view, if you sit anywhere in Goodison you could have a restricted view.

Lower Gwladys 110% - anytime I sit somewhere else I longfully look at the LG and wish I was there!

Status
Not open for further replies.