Visiting Goodison for the first time to watch my beloved Everton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

faddy the blue

Player Valuation: £35m
I've been watching football and supporting only Everton since 2004, always wondered if one day I'd make it to Goodison to witness the ground shaking myself. Now after 10 long I'm finally visiting UK and I'm not leaving unless I watch Everton play.

It turns out we're playing Arsenal on 23rd August so I have my sights on this game and I know tickets would be hard to get. I would really appreciate if my fellow blues here could help me guide the most "economical" way of enjoying my Goodison experience as I've been saving my pocket money for this day ever since I found out it was on! My concerns are the following:

1. Do I need to get the everton membership first and will it guarantee me a Goodison ticket?

2. Do I wait for the general public ticket sales when they open cos it may be a risk?

3. Any way I could meet ANY player while taking up that Goodison tour package?

4. Thomas Cook packages...they are way too expensive but are they worth it?

Last thing, I need a list of all the MUST SEE places in Liverpool.

Thank you in advance. I'll probably be the only Pakistani Everton fan here but I'm gonna chant like a true blue till I lose my voice.

Maybe one of the members on here can sort you out with tickets?

Guess, if not you'd need a membership. Luckily thanks to a superb mate from London I never had problems getting tickets (home and away).

I'll be coming over for the Arsenal game myself, so maybe we can have a pint somewhere after or before the match. ;)

As for organised travelling. I always find arranging everything for my planned trips part of the fun. Lots of good and relatively cheap hotels in Liverpool. Premier Inn is normally a good shout.

I've been watching football and supporting only Everton since 2004, always wondered if one day I'd make it to Goodison to witness the ground shaking myself. Now after 10 long I'm finally visiting UK and I'm not leaving unless I watch Everton play.

It turns out we're playing Arsenal on 23rd August so I have my sights on this game and I know tickets would be hard to get. I would really appreciate if my fellow blues here could help me guide the most "economical" way of enjoying my Goodison experience as I've been saving my pocket money for this day ever since I found out it was on! My concerns are the following:

1. Do I need to get the everton membership first and will it guarantee me a Goodison ticket?

2. Do I wait for the general public ticket sales when they open cos it may be a risk?

3. Any way I could meet ANY player while taking up that Goodison tour package?

4. Thomas Cook packages...they are way too expensive but are they worth it?

Last thing, I need a list of all the MUST SEE places in Liverpool.

Thank you in advance. I'll probably be the only Pakistani Everton fan here but I'm gonna chant like a true blue till I lose my voice.

Alright mate,

1 and 2. Not necessarily mate, it will probably go down to a general sale but by then the seats probably won't be the best and if you're desperate for a good spot I would get the membership and buy as early as possible or let somebody with their own account help you out.

3. I did the tour earlier this year and didn't see a player, they don't tend to be about on non-match days. It was still good fun though and the lady who took us around knew loads about the club and Goodison Park. It might be worth e-mailing the club to see if they can sort something out for you - they're normally ace with this sort of stuff.

No idea about the Thomas Cook stuff because I'm local mate, but you'll have a good day - especially if we win!

There is plenty to see in town, there's signs everywhere pointing you to all the attractions. As with the economics, public transport is quite cheap (by British standards) and dead regular out to Goodison from town on match days, trains and buses.

Have a good trip la!

The Premier Inn on King Docks is terrific. My GF and I stayed there a few months ago and had a really enjoyable experience, plus it was incredibly cheap. If you book so far in advanced you can get a great rate. Plus it's right on the docks so you can see all the dock related tourist spots.

Normally stay at Moorfields Premier Inn. Also City Centre and very close to Merseyrail. Also love The Liner hotel at Lime Street Station, but that's mostly fully booked early on.

The Premier Inn on King Docks is terrific. My GF and I stayed there a few months ago and had a really enjoyable experience, plus it was incredibly cheap. If you book so far in advanced you can get a great rate. Plus it's right on the docks so you can see all the dock related tourist spots.

Stayed on the Albert Dock Premier Inn loads of times or there is a Travelodge on James Street about 100yards up the Road. would also recommend

Stayed on the Albert Dock Premier Inn loads of times or there is a Travelodge on James Street about 100yards up the Road. would also recommend

Yeah stayed at that Travelodge, would also recommend that. There's a travelodge down near lime street as well, which is quite new and a pleasant stay.

Thank you all. Some really brilliant suggestions so far. I'm gonna look into those hotels and inns mentioned above. Looking forward for the time of my life in Liverpool.

If you're a bit flush @faddy the blue try The Beatles Hotel or The Hilton, there are more expensive hotels but I can't recommend what I haven't stayed in. hope you enjoy your visit wherever you end up mate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.