Visiting Goodison for the first time to watch my beloved Everton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching football and supporting only Everton since 2004, always wondered if one day I'd make it to Goodison to witness the ground shaking myself. Now after 10 long I'm finally visiting UK and I'm not leaving unless I watch Everton play.

It turns out we're playing Arsenal on 23rd August so I have my sights on this game and I know tickets would be hard to get. I would really appreciate if my fellow blues here could help me guide the most "economical" way of enjoying my Goodison experience as I've been saving my pocket money for this day ever since I found out it was on! My concerns are the following:

1. Do I need to get the everton membership first and will it guarantee me a Goodison ticket?

2. Do I wait for the general public ticket sales when they open cos it may be a risk?

3. Any way I could meet ANY player while taking up that Goodison tour package?

4. Thomas Cook packages...they are way too expensive but are they worth it?

Last thing, I need a list of all the MUST SEE places in Liverpool.

Thank you in advance. I'll probably be the only Pakistani Everton fan here but I'm gonna chant like a true blue till I lose my voice.

I got mine with Thomas Cook, stayed at the Indigo in Chapel St, if you have to have a hotel room you might as well get one with a ticket. We had decent enough seats in the main stand had a cracking view of Barkleys goal Vs City
At 10 quid the ground tour is recommended (friday 11.00 am )
All you can eat ( more or less ) full english breakfast was ace as well, just the job for the morning after kill or cure stakes, you're handy for more pubs than you could shake a stick at in town and the train / bus deal is cheap and reliable if a tad crowded after the game. you might get a taxi to the ground but you would perhaps struggle to get one for the return.

Your only worry is if you book for Sat and they change it to Sun or Mon. I think they announce them handy enough, say 6 weeks

I've been watching football and supporting only Everton since 2004, always wondered if one day I'd make it to Goodison to witness the ground shaking myself. Now after 10 long I'm finally visiting UK and I'm not leaving unless I watch Everton play.

It turns out we're playing Arsenal on 23rd August so I have my sights on this game and I know tickets would be hard to get. I would really appreciate if my fellow blues here could help me guide the most "economical" way of enjoying my Goodison experience as I've been saving my pocket money for this day ever since I found out it was on! My concerns are the following:

1. Do I need to get the everton membership first and will it guarantee me a Goodison ticket?

2. Do I wait for the general public ticket sales when they open cos it may be a risk?

3. Any way I could meet ANY player while taking up that Goodison tour package?

4. Thomas Cook packages...they are way too expensive but are they worth it?

Last thing, I need a list of all the MUST SEE places in Liverpool.

Thank you in advance. I'll probably be the only Pakistani Everton fan here but I'm gonna chant like a true blue till I lose my voice.

after the arsenal game wait outside the main entrance to the ground where the players park their cars there will be gates surrounding it. if you wait an hour or two you will get to meet the players, most of them will sign autographs and give pictures. Theres a lot of people so it's hard for them to get everyone but most players try to do everyone.

If you're a bit flush @faddy the blue try The Beatles Hotel or The Hilton, there are more expensive hotels but I can't recommend what I haven't stayed in. hope you enjoy your visit wherever you end up mate ;)

Being a student mate and being a little low in cash my objective is to get a good view seat, tour and seeing Liverpool and take up tge Beatles tour. I'm not really worried where I stay the night cos I'll probably only sleep about 4 hrs. I may try one of those hostel things too. But I'll check all these cheap hotels still.

I got mine with Thomas Cook, stayed at the Indigo in Chapel St, if you have to have a hotel room you might as well get one with a ticket. We had decent enough seats in the main stand had a cracking view of Barkleys goal Vs City
At 10 quid the ground tour is recommended (friday 11.00 am )
All you can eat ( more or less ) full english breakfast was ace as well, just the job for the morning after kill or cure stakes, you're handy for more pubs than you could shake a stick at in town and the train / bus deal is cheap and reliable if a tad crowded after the game. you might get a taxi to the ground but you would perhaps struggle to get one for the return.

Your only worry is if you book for Sat and they change it to Sun or Mon. I think they announce them handy enough, say 6 weeks

I checked thomas cook yesterday for the Everton vs Arsenal game. The package was for just £130 which was an unbelievable bargain. Then shortly after it went to £199 which then became unreasonalble.

after the arsenal game wait outside the main entrance to the ground where the players park their cars there will be gates surrounding it. if you wait an hour or two you will get to meet the players, most of them will sign autographs and give pictures. Theres a lot of people so it's hard for them to get everyone but most players try to do everyone.

That is a great idea mate. I'll wait 6hrs if I have to. Much thanks! ;)

Being a student mate and being a little low in cash my objective is to get a good view seat, tour and seeing Liverpool and take up tge Beatles tour. I'm not really worried where I stay the night cos I'll probably only sleep about 4 hrs. I may try one of those hostel things too. But I'll check all these cheap hotels still.

When my friend at uni had trouble with his student accommodation he stayed in the hostel on Mount Pleasant. It was dirt cheap and he got breakfast and wifi. Quite often you see blues smoking outside around match days so there are probably quite a few people who use it to go the game. It's right in town and you'd be close to Central and Lime Street stations. Might be worth a look mate:

http://hattersgroup.com/liverpool/liverpool-hostels/location-hatters-hostel-liverpool/

Planning to go to Europe for the first time later this year, most likely in Nov/Dec

Will keep a tab on this thread

Does Travelodge have adequate heating and/or is near a laundormat (or has washing/drying machines inside)?

Planning to go to Europe for the first time later this year, most likely in Nov/Dec

Does Travelodge have adequate heating and/or is near a laundormat (or has washing/drying machines inside)?

Travelodge is not to bad like but would suggest the premier inn on the docks though always been good for me, Quite a few launderettes around mate shouldn't be a problem, however i'm almost certain that you can get it done at most hotels/Travelodge/premier inn's if your arsed looking for one. (Not very costly at all).

I'll visit Liverpool from 6th to 10th August. And will stay in the Hampton Hotel. Does anyone know when the Osman testimonial game will be played ?
And do you guys recommend any places to visit ?
Thanks in advance

Have you got a stand in mind you want to sit in? If i was you i might go in the Main Stand or Upper Bullens, i would avoid the Gladwys St.

Hope you enjoy the game either way, and the city, Liverpool has some amazing buildings, make sure you go see the Pier Head area, Museum and places like that.

PM if

If you are looking for a ticket let me know mate, I am a STH but live in Canada now, so needless to say don't get the value, but happy to help out other long distance supporters. Send me a PM, depending on the Euro draw, I am looking at coming back as well the end of Nov, but if not you're welcome to my seat

I'll visit Liverpool from 6th to 10th August. And will stay in the Hampton Hotel. Does anyone know when the Osman testimonial game will be played ?
And do you guys recommend any places to visit ?
Thanks in advance

The Hampton is nice, its basically a Hilton. Right next door to the Baltic Fleet pub, if you like your real ale. Osman's testimonial was meant to be 9/10 Aug, however rumours are that its been pushed forward to the 4th, due to certain Spanish teams wanting to play us on the 9/10th instead. Although nothing confirmed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.