United away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamstring seems to be the injury of the week...Roberto must be banging his head against the wall...careful Bobby, it hamstrung Seamus!
A hamstring! We really need to do a lot of work on stretches, warm ups , warm downs etc.
we had a lot of hamstrings last season too and that isn't just bad luck!

If neither Coleman/McCarthy are deemed fit to play vs Utd, then Roberto has an excuse for them to not play for Ireland giving them both an important two week rest. Although without them (plus Barkley, Mirallas and possibly Pienaar) doubt we have a chance of getting anything at United.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...oberto-martinez-sweating-over-fitness-7867048
Speaking at a press conference earlier this afternoon at the Kuban stadium, the Blues boss said: "James is not in the squad but shouldn’t be too far away from being fully fit. I would say there is a question mark over the weekend, but it will not be any later than after the international break (next weekend). "He has just tightened up his quads. He has had a lot of football of late and he was feeling a little bit of fatigue. It is not a real injury, so we are no concerned about that one at all."

Martinez said that Seamus Coleman could also be in contention for Sunday's visit to Old Trafford, although the right-back has also not travelled to Russia, along with Sylvain Distin, who is being rested. "Seamus had a concussion against Wolfsburg and then had a little bit of a soft tissue problem and he is just trying to clear that," he said. "I don’t think it is going to be too long. The international break will clear those injuries and it is a little bit of an option for Sunday. But they are not too far away from being fully fit."

I'm travelling to the match with my missus and her old man who are, *spits, STH's at Old Trafford.
We have to absolutely batter them, though I'd take another 1-0.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/01/marouane-fellaini-manchester-united-fitness-everton
Marouane Fellaini has been back in full training since the start of the week after the ankle injury he suffered in late August and Van Gaal will leave it until the last possible moment to decide whether he can call him into squad for Sunday.
Phil Jones, who injured a hamstring playing for England this month, has started training once more on grass but only in light sessions, away from the main first-team squad. Jones has joined Michael Carrick, who is recovering from ankle ligament damage, but the match with Everton is expected to come to soon.

We're going to be at Old Trafford without McCarthy, Coleman, Mirallas, Barkley or Pienaar aren't we?

Typical injuries have completely ruined our season straight from the start. Soon as ross faced a near season ending injury in a light training session the day before the season kicked off says it all

A hamstring! We really need to do a lot of work on stretches, warm ups , warm downs etc.
we had a lot of hamstrings last season too and that isn't just bad luck!

Professional football club which pays under 14s coaches absolute wedge, mate. Fairly sure the first team coaches now how to do hamstring stretches.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...s/roberto-martinez-not-blame-european-7867921
Martinez explained that Distin's omission from the squad in Russia is to rest him, and he is unlikely to figure against Manchester United either. McCarthy and Coleman, however, have a chance of making the trip along the East Lancashire Road, as does Steven Pienaar.

“Sylvain played against Crystal Palace and Swansea, he played two games and I want him to have a rest time until the international break to avoid any soft tissue problems. “John Stones, Phil Jagielka and Antolin Alcaraz are now fully fresh to face the next two games and Sylvain will be ready after that."

Status
Not open for further replies.