Ultimate bottlers (all moaning here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were fudging shoite. If we don't make ago to consolidate seventh place at the very least, I will be seriously pissed off.

They need to show some bloody passion over the rest of the season. And at least attack at Old Trafford. Barkley best play a part as well. The negative football when one nil up is also a joke. How many times has Moyles tried this and not learnt the lesson.

The problem today was we went into the game with a 'small club' mentality, and for us Evertonians that is simply not good enough, it would be obvious to say we missed Pienaar today but the reality is nobody stepped up to the plate today in what was the biggest game in years, and the inferiority issue that surrounds Everton when playing Liverpool continues, and this was cemented with Moyes tactics today.

I would have loved to, as I am sure all of you would have, have been in that dressing room at half time to see what was said. Despite the so called 'experts' saying we played well the first half, I completely disagreed, we were fortunate to be 1-0 up through a mistake, and we didn't play anywhere near to our recently high standards, we struggled to keep the ball and create chances, and at the back we wasn't tested by a poor Liverpool showing.

But being 1-0 up at half time lead the disastrous decision to sit and play out the 2nd 45, tactics we have come accustomed to under Moyes reign, the 2nd half was very much like the 1st, we couldn't string more than 5 passes together, we didn't create chances, and worst of all we didn't even test a keeper that should have been completely out of his depth. Its all well and good saying it now, every blue in that stadium or else where new that Liverpool would come back stronger in the 2nd half, but for some reason the players weren't prepared for that, God knows why.

It would be easy and obvious to lay the blames on the blatant mistakes that lead to the goals, but the truth is that there is clearly and mentality at the club that we are inferior to Liverpool, and with that attitude it was lucky to have only been 2-1, when the reality was that we should have won that game, as we know form doesn't mean much in a Merseyside derby nor does it in the FA cup, however the way we have been playing and Liverpool for that matter, we should have gone with a confidence to play our game instead we got sucked in to lumping the ball forward and most of the time aimlessly, not even testing the goalkeeper, I cant remember anything he had to deal with that troubled him.

And so the inferiority complex for Everton against Liverpool under Moyes continues, when really we should have gone to the game knowing we had more than enough in the dressing room to take the game to Liverpool and come home victorious.

Whoever has read this far, you've done well! Appreciate it.

id lov to ( i know it aint gonna happen) hear both ht talks because something happened mentally at HT to both teams and for whatever reason 1 team took it on the chin and showed if they are going out its with a fight ........

the other team was everton

So frustrated. Three times I've been to Wembley and three times the performances have been weak. When we went 1-1 why didn't Moyes just think "sod it, I've been here 10 years, we are under the cosh, there's 25 mins left, we've got nothing left but to just go for it, let's just go 3 at the back and stick Baines/Coleman as wingers to worry their nervous keeper and straq to run his arse into the ground"

Instead he switches Cahill for Fellaini and plays hoof, how original ffs!

Moyes I love you man but the 2009 final should have taught you everything. Don't defend a 1-0 lead at Wembley!!

Moyes lost us the game like he did in 2009. Losing once at Wembley due to his tatics is bad enough but twice is unforgivable. The only positive was the Jelly scored again.

Not sure its all about mentality. Part of it sadly is they have some better players going forward. Especially after the changes.

For me Osman on the wing is 60% of the player he is in the middle. Cahill is 60% of the player he used to be. And Gueye is still learning his trade, possibly 60% of the player he might become.

Despite being utter *****, Bellamy, Suarez and Maxi have guile and pace. So even with the big grock needing 5 chances to score, eventually it was going to happen. Jelavic who is much more clinical was not given the ammunition. Pienaar and Donovan would have made a big difference, but let's face it once the substitutions were made it was one way traffic.

I love the club but just get the feeling we cant handle the pressure when it matters.

When we are "underdogs" and not expected to do anything we turn it on but too many times struggle in the games where we have a great chance to win.

I for one was not that confident ahead of today because of our failings in the big matches and am not at all surprised we lost, despite being in front!

It saddens me lots because we have got a side to compete and beat the best in England — we just only seem to do it when there is nothing riding on the match.

Only Moyes can make an attacking substitution, with just under 3 minutes remaining and expect to change the game..when that man is Victor !! For Shame David Moyes..For shame (n)

Big big mental problems at beating them, and it can only be put at the door of the manager! He needs to get some Psychologist in or something, and not for the players but for himself!

One-nil up... have to kill the game but we bottled it! Why oh why did Coleman foul Gerrard who was running away from goal! Gutted is not the word!

Get Barkley in the team, give Baxter a go and get Vellios back in for the remainder and see if we can build on this good second half of the season! All is not lost but my god it feels like it!

Big big mental problems at beating them, and it can only be put at the door of the manager! He needs to get some Psychologist in or something, and not for the players but for himself!

One-nil up... have to kill the game but we bottled it! Why oh why did Coleman foul Gerrard who was running away from goal! Gutted is not the word!

Get Barkley in the team, give Baxter a go and get Vellios back in for the remainder and see if we can build on this good second half of the season! All is not lost but my god it feels like it!
stevie g-laaa played for it. he is very good at the `professional` side of the game. coleman was naive

This team needs fresh input and a clearout of crappy players.
I could understand why we did **** first half of the season, but not know.

Drenthe is a absolute must to sign.
We have all to win in signing him.
Plus he does not cost transfer fees.

It was obvious today that we needed Drenthe.
Also for a manager Moyes has no clue whatsoever, leave out your most creative player this season.in a semi final.

Even Walter Smith would have known better.

3 losses against Liverpool in one season.
That to me is a reason to get sacked.
Kenwright needs to face it, we are heading nowhere with Moyes.

To put it bluntly..This team needs an enema !!
8992745-doctor-woman-with-enema-looking-at-camera-isolated-on-different-backgrounds-selective-focus.jpg

Does anyone really think that we will win anything under Moyes? Sad to ask this question because I know Moyes would be hurting more than anyone else today. It is just that he doesn't have what it takes to be a winner.

He is an excellent "survival" manager — but he will not win anything. His supporters will point to the huge gulf in spending power (which is true), but haven't Portsmouth won it before?

There was just too much negativity from Everton going into this game (Moyes : "Liverpool are the favourites", Round: "Liverpool have a fantastic team"). I didn't see any of the rallying calls from Everton's side. I expected Neville to come out and say "We want to win it for David Moyes on his 10th year", etc.

Everton have lost the winning mentality — and the negativity permeates from top to bottom. Changes are needed otherwise I see us slipping into obscurity.

I feel for all fellow Blues, I really do.

I was so looking forward to the match today. In fact it was the first time in years I've looked forward to a derby. The RS are in turmoil, with league form since christmas that would be classed relegation fodder. So things were looking up for the blues. 1st half we played ok but not up to the form of late but the 1-0 lead was a nice, albeit the signs were there that we started to sit deep and invite the RS on to us.

For whatever reason Everton always seem to start the 2nd half slowly and low and behold we didn't disappoint! What mentality do players have to hold a defensive line on the 18 yard box when liverpool have possession midway in there own half? It ****ing baffles me! What happened to players who chased and harried for the cause? Where were these players? We sat back like gutless ****s hoping that we could hold on. It literally never ****in works!

The side has too many players that are long past there sell by date! No longer can we rely on the likes of Cahill, Neville, Osman, Distin et al.

Moyes has to accept responsibility! The players have to accept responsibility! The fans are left to pay the price yet again!

Status
Not open for further replies.