Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that thought Hibbert was poor. That first half performance was embarrassing and I can count at least 4 times where he was so far out of position, it looked like we didnt start with a right back. Got skinned many a time down that right and bar good fortune and the rub of the green, they didnt capitalize.

The final scoreline brushed his performance under the carpet. Ive watched the game twice now and I cant see why people think he had a good game. Tony has multiple arseholes this morning after that. Again the scoreline has given everyone a lift and its easy to concentrate on the positives, fair enough, but lets not get carried away and lie that certain players had good games.
I thought he was average at best. Basically there's a love in on here because he hasn't been horrendous like everyone thought he would be.

I thought he was average at best. Basically there's a love in on here because he hasn't been horrendous like everyone thought he would be.
I can't argue with that, I thought he was finished after the cup final against Chelsea but he has done a job for the team when he has been needed and none of us can be upset with that.

your talking about the first 20 minutes ,as long as I've been watching football the games over 90. Playing against a player every evertonian has said we would put straight in our side he struggled to contain him then him and mc geady looked excellent culminating with peresic changing sides to get some joy.

20 minutes is being kind. For a good 35 minutes he was chasing shadows and looked dazed. Caught ball watching numerous times. We could of easily conceded at least a couple from how poor he played in that first half.

I know Peresic is a tidy player but was he really THAT good last night or was it how badly Hibbert was playing...

I strongly, strongly, (seriously) think he will break his duck this season, maybe against Krasnodar?

Thank fook Hibbert didn't 'Do a Huddlestone' since the start of his career...
Untitled-22.jpg

He was needed earlier this season when Coleman was injured and he did well.
I guess with Robles doing well and Osman injured people got bored and needed an old scapegoat to turn to.
Love the Hibbo.

Yep. I've said it before and I will say it again. We wouldn't have had half as shyte a run where the players didn't give a flying one if Hibbert and Osman were fit and out on the pitch at the time. They are no where near our best players but they have a huge influence on and off the pitch. We were basically rudderless over Christmas which from early December to the start of Feb has absolutely wrecked our league season.

Status
Not open for further replies.