Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truthfully, I can't remember his individual form in 07/08, but in 13/14 I remember one mistake with Osman which lost us a game at home to Sunderland and one mistake at home against Chelsea which Barry bailed him out of, other than that I remember near the end of the season thinking that whoever the new goalkeeping coach was had done wonders for Howard

Still find it bizarre how rapidly his form deteriorated after that World Cup

He also punched the ball in his own net at Stamford Bridge in stoppage time, and got beat at his near post by Adebayor at WHL and Aguero at Goodison. There'll be more, I'm positive. What I will say is, he wasn't quite as bad that season as he has been the past two, or was in Moyes' last season. That's not saying an awful lot though

Finished with Martinez if he puts this fraud back in after Robles' recent performances. I'd almost want Howard to cost us a goal just so that the manager gets it in the neck from the fans, who've been far too patient so far.

If he picks the clown again on Saturday, then it's blatantly obvious he doesn't care about results and is just going up against the fans. Pathetic management, and any other owners would be calling him into their office over it

I predict he's going to be injured on Saturday and then come back in for the FA Cup, which potentially means that the roles have reversed but still leaves the options open. By the time of the next match, the team will have gone on a short mid-season break, everyone might be jumping around about a takeover and the final decision (whatever it is) will appear less important than it currently does.

Football wise it's a no contest. The real fear is if Martinez let's his ego over-ride the footballing side, because he's spent the last god knows how long blurting drivel that Howard's a 'real leader' even though I saw Joel talk more in the Carlisle game than flappy hands has done all season.

Is Courtois a real talker? De Gea? It's absolutely incredible the defence that he uses for him and when its Coleman, Jags, Mori and Oviedo, why do we need a really experienced keeper?

The mail are reporting that he wants to go to the MLS. If so, then he may get a cup game but Robles will now be the man......

Football wise it's a no contest. The real fear is if Martinez let's his ego over-ride the footballing side, because he's spent the last god knows how long blurting drivel that Howard's a 'real leader' even though I saw Joel talk more in the Carlisle game than flappy hands has done all season.

Is Courtois a real talker? De Gea? It's absolutely incredible the defence that he uses for him and when its Coleman, Jags, Mori and Oviedo, why do we need a really experienced keeper?

It's nonsense, even he doesn't actually believe it. It's a way of justifying keeping him in the team so that the clown doesn't kick up a massive stink and try to turn the rest of the squad against Martinez for dropping him. Deplorable person he is, the sooner his disruptive ego is leathered as far away from the club the better for all concerned.

There is absolutely nothing on a football pitch that the clown contributes positively. Nil. Nada. Zero. Joel is better than him at every single aspect of goalkeeping, without exception

I don't have as much bile for Howard as most on here it seems, but after Robles' performance over the last week there is no logic in bringing Howard back so soon. Robles will have a bad game or lose form eventually and that would be Martinez' opportunity to give Tim another go but we've been leaking like a sieve this season. Even our no.1 keeper should accept that the form keeper should be first choice.

The mail are reporting that he wants to go to the MLS. If so, then he may get a cup game but Robles will now be the man......

If TH himself thinks he's going the MLS in the Summer then it makes 0 sense to play him.

Joel could save us money, but for us to know that he needs to play until the end of the Season, surely Roberto isnt that stupid?

If TH himself thinks he's going the MLS in the Summer then it makes 0 sense to play him.

Joel could save us money, but for us to know that he needs to play until the end of the Season, surely Roberto isnt that stupid?

He's either making a conscious decision to go against the fans, or he feels threatened by the clown who demands he plays every game for his own public image, which would be damaged if he were to drop him. Either scenario is worrying. Dropping the clown would eliminate both of them, and restore a lot of fans' faith in his management skills

He's either making a conscious decision to go against the fans, or he feels threatened by the clown who demands he plays every game for his own public image, which would be damaged if he were to drop him. Either scenario is worrying. Dropping the clown would eliminate both of them, and restore a lot of fans' faith in his management skills

Ive said multiple times throughout both threads mate that i think RM is teriffied of the reaction he could get if he drops him. His ego is huge and TH was one of the ones backing RM last season when Eto'o and Distin turned into bellends. If dropped i think TH would kick up a similar fuss and RM is scared of that i feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.