Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see, I literally can't remember this ever happening. Not once can I think of a time he's pulled off a save that made me go "wow, how did he do that? He had no right to save that". A save such as the one Butland pulled off on Saturday from a point blank Lukaku header. At his best, he was able to do the absolute basics of his job, a middle of the road Premier League keeper. Sadly those days are long, long gone
One save vs Southampton is on just about any "top saves of 2015" list.

I'm a well travelled American. I've been at PSG games in Paris, Millwall @ the Old Den (and lived to tell about it!) and Corinthians in Sao Paolo where I became friends with a little guy by the name of Zico @ Flamengo. I think Tim needs to be replaced but from outside the club. Joel isn't the answer. If it'll make all you Howard haters happy then maybe let Joel play @ home and Tim away, but we know that won't happen. The problem is the coach. He'd make a great politician though.

I'm a well travelled American. I've been at PSG games in Paris, Millwall @ the Old Den (and lived to tell about it!) and Corinthians in Sao Paolo where I became friends with a little guy by the name of Zico @ Flamengo. I think Tim needs to be replaced but from outside the club. Joel isn't the answer. If it'll make all you Howard haters happy then maybe let Joel play @ home and Tim away, but we know that won't happen. The problem is the coach. He'd make a great politician though.
you're insane.

fanboy alert

He probably shouldn't still be at the club.

Tim was a good goalkeeper with the ability to create the occasional moment of brilliance but also prone to a mistake.

On the whole though, he was one of the top six GK's in the country about five or six years back.

He started to decline properly after that World Cup in 2014. He probably should have gone in Summer 2014 or Summer 2015 at the latest. If he had then he would still be remembered fondly, thanked for his efforts etc.

Because he has overstayed, he is now the scourge of most of the support base. He probably won't be remembered for the good performances but for this last two years where he has been mostly awful (despite the odd moment of brilliance).

I hope he leaves in the summer, as much for his sake as our own.

sorry but no.... he wasn't..... ever.

I thought he had his best season for us in Martinez's first season. Largely played very well that year and kept his brain farts to a minimum, he then went to Brazil and had a really good World Cup

His decline since then has been alarming

I thought he had his best season for us in Martinez's first season. Largely played very well that year and kept his brain farts to a minimum, he then went to Brazil and had a really good World Cup

His decline since then has been alarming

His best season for us was comfortably 07/08. People get confused because we were so good as a team in 13/14, that they think every single player had their best season for us that year

In Howard’s absence, Joel Robles has kept two successive top-flight clean sheets, adding to the shut-out he recorded against Carlisle United in the FA Cup fourth round.

“Joel had to fill in for Tim and has done magnificently well,” Martinez, speaking on Tuesday morning, explained when asked if he has a selection headache should Howard be fit for Saturday. “I have always said that football makes a decision and we want competition for places. That’s what makes the squad we have so competitive.

“We want Tim to be fit, available and raring to go. As a manager, those are the sort of decisions you want to have.”

interesting, when howard was injured before and came back he said 'howard is still my no 1'

Status
Not open for further replies.