Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't make his form at the end any less crap, but maybe losing his cool with the fans is a little more understandable now? Surely he must have known, just like Distin and Eto'o did.

I could do with a little help here guys and gals if possible. I'm trying to find figures for how many points we have dropped last two seasons because, or related to, Tims antics/keeping ability. I can't find anything specific but as I understand it, it was over 19 points last season and heading for more this year before he got yanked. I'm not trying to bury the guy. Just after facts and figures. Am I wrong in my assumption? Deluded? Help if you can please.

Woah talk about some turning their back on a player. Howard has been an Everton player for 10 years, 90% of that time he has been a very good player. The season has been over for a long time, I see no harm in him playing the final home game. As many shortfalls as Martinez has, I don't think loyalty is one of them (recent history could argue). From bringing ex players in from out in the cold to giving a long serving key player a good send off.

Wheels have come completely off this season, many are to blame (including Howard) but it's a fresh start next season. Don't let one catastrophic season stop a player who deserves a good send off.

FYI @sageyefc sounds like a right [Poor language removed].

Woah talk about some turning their back on a player. Howard has been an Everton player for 10 years, 90% of that time he has been a very good player. The season has been over for a long time, I see no harm in him playing the final home game. As many shortfalls as Martinez has, I don't think loyalty is one of them (recent history could argue). From bringing ex players in from out in the cold to giving a long serving key player a good send off.

Wheels have come completely off this season, many are to blame (including Howard) but it's a fresh start next season. Don't let one catastrophic season stop a player who deserves a good send off.

Bruh?

You were doing so well until the last line. Personal attacks aren't tolerated.

howard is a helmet and a rank average keeper, hope unsworth goes against the previous managers frankly bizarre proposal to play him in the last two games, he hasn't earned it, it's not necessary and most non-americans dont want it, get him out the club as soon as possible and back to the only league as unwatchable as Scottish football

'Role-model'- modern vocabulary for a person who is lacking in quality but you want to big-up and can't
think of anything else to say.

Other role-models include Hibbert.

Millionaires many times over and piss poor footballers.

Jeez you lot have short memories.

Slating someone for getting old. Harsh. Howard, in his prime was a decent keeper, not without weaknesses, but every player has weaknesses. He used up the reserve pool in a fantastic world cup performance (shame that showing wasn't in the royal blue).

And to slate him for playing, when the manager is picking him is silly as well.

We are down to one essentially meaningless game to wrap up a forgettable season. Give a player who has been with us for nigh on 10 years, a final hurrah is a nice thing to do. Something that often gets overlooked in today's game.

We are different. We are better than that, and you should be celebrating that fact.

Another player where the fans have forgotten what good service he has given us.

3.5m and 10 years service, one of Moyes good buys.

X factor generation fans go for your lives and criticise, you did it with Cahill, Distin, Weir etc

I wish him all the best and thank him for outstanding service. Oh and he scored for us, good luck and thank you Tim Howard.

Love the kid at the end asking for people to subscribe!!

We lost that match IIRC? lol

Considering this last game means absolutely nothing, Howard starting is the least he deserves. Anyone saying otherwise has forgotten the good years he gave us, and is letting Bobby's shocking defensive set up twist their judgement.

In the days of Moyes with Jags and Distin at the back, Howard was brilliant.

Love the kid at the end asking for people to subscribe!!

Probably goes without saying but the wind that night was ridiculous! I don't recall it having been like that in goodison since, certainly not blowing from park end to Gwladys like that

Status
Not open for further replies.