Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
JFtSdNY.jpg

It's really good for Everton.

We already seemed to get a lot of good coverage on US channels however this is only going to improve now and with popularity of football rising in the states this is a great time to get all the young fans hooked on being Everton supporters.

btw - Tim has always been top drawer for us. He's made a few gaffs sure, but what keeper hasn't. It's a bit like the Barkley looses the ball critique, no one is perfect.

he makes mistakes like most GK's do, especially long range shots which is mighty frustrating but he is also a top notch shot stopper he's been one of the best in the Prem for a while in my opinion. just get's on my nerves when he let's 40yarders sail past him.

Tim has been a brilliant signing for us and a big part of the reason we have had so many top half of the table finishes the past few years.

The only negative for Tim Howard is that he isn't Neville Southall. The bar was set ridiculously high and unfortunately we will never see the like of Big Nev ever again
He may make a few mistakes but there aren't any 'keepers who don't and I am 100% certain he has gained us more points than he has cost us.
Added to the type of character he is there aren't a great many I would prefer instead of him.

Name me a goalkeeper who is commanding in the box. No-one. They're all dodgy these days (perhaps Loris excepted).

Howard is as good as any in the PL, and far better than the vastly over-rated Joe Hart who makes a number of gaffs every game.

Absolute nonsense to put any blame on him for Lukaku's goal. "Came out too quickly"???"Showed too much of the goal"??? You make it sound like the shot was dallied over and lacked pace and power. It went like a bullet!

Asmir Begovic mate.

He wouldnt be in my top 10 tbh. Disagree on Joe Hart. I dont understand your last point, for me came of his line to early/ to far. he had netier the far or near post covered - i dont recall saying dalling. I m not saying he had a bad game mate - he had a great game and great season, i just on his Evwerton career as a whoe dont rate - hes had two good seasons as far as im concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.