Thoughts from an American Blue Who Spent the Last Year in Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's got to be one of the best posts i've read on GOT, really enjoyed your insight for the blues. You will definitely miss Goodison when you go back to the States.

Think it's already been said mate but good on you for not doing what most people would do and following the other lot!

When you do get home mate just make sure you spread the word about our brilliant club and enjoy the late nights / early mornings to catch the games!

Hey Joe.....that's a belter post mate. Thoroughly enjoyed every single sentiment. You've absolutely nailed 'Everton' in your own special way. Love it when strangers are introduced to our Club and they go away completely hooked. I've introduced nearly 30 Dutchmen and 3 Belgians over the years and they are total Blues now.
Great that you enjoyed your experience....don't stay away too long mate.

Was great to hear about you experience of following Everton. I've always supported Everton cos my dad did and his dad did. It's great to read about someone who has chosen Everton, but after experiencing the highs and lows "gets" what being an Evertonian is all about

Good use of the word 'limbs' by the way

It was back in 2006 but I researched it and paid about $120 a ticket for 2 central bleacher seats. Then I booked the flight (Manchester to Chicago - then Chicago to Green Bay). Hotel was easy enough to book. Think it must have been through a ticket exchange site (sorry I can't remember) - Packers something but you'll find it through a Google search.
Cheers . I'm doing 2 games this year. Jacksonville v colts at Jacksonville and New York v the steelers at the MetLife. Oh and cowboys v Jacksonville at wembley.

great read m8 my stubble stood up with goose bump with pride coz you feel the Everton passion long may it wash over you when your on distant shaws

Couldn't read it all mate as I'm a nob'ead but while in L'pool did anyone use the phrase "have you had your hole yet?"

Err... welcome btw.

Great post that Joseph.

As said above, welcome to the family.

once Everton has touched you, nothing is ever the same.

let us know if you're going the opening games next season. Maybe a pint or two in the Wilmslow.

NSNO

Let me know first @Joseph Nixon and ill help you avoid Thomas, he will try and get you into bed.

Absolutely superb post this. What a read that was !

I live in the U.S myself now a days and have done for a good couple of years. I've made some great friends since living here and a handful of them have really got into football. They don't really follow any team in particular but just love the sport and the premier league. They have mentioned the atmosphere and asked me what its like to go an actual game and i honestly struggle to really do it justice. I simply tell them, you just have to go and experience it yourself, its too hard to explain.

I've been to hockey games, NFL games and basketball games here in the U.S and it just doesn't compare at all. You don't get the same adrenaline rush and you don't feel the hairs standing up on your neck when your team comes out and when thousands of blues are in singing a song...... nothing compares to it, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.