Thoughts from an American Blue Who Spent the Last Year in Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Born into a family of Evertonians - 90 odd years worth of support - I can at least give you the reverse of the coin you are holding. It took my 30+ years to get to Lambeau Field to see The Packers. I only stayed a week and saw a win (31-14 over the Cardinals).

Hey there Dan, those are my Cardinals you're talking about. Damn cheesehead packers!

As a fellow American student who spent this past autumn at UCL, I couldn't agree more with everything Joseph said. My (painfully few) trips to Goodison were incredible experiences. Everyone from the man at Lime St., who upon seeing my Baines kit and my hopelessly lost facial expression, guided me to the #8 bus, to the lads in the Main Stand who talked my ear off during the Spurs match, were all fantastic and welcoming.
Being an Evertonian is like being part of an eccentric, extended family, and I couldn't be more grateful for my experiences at Goodison. Until next time (when I can convince the home office to give me a proper visa, like).

Nice one Joe! Wish I had known you were there, we could have hooked up with I was there for Man U. I would kill to spend an entire season supporting the Blues.

Primanti Bros. Got it. I'll certainly check it out. Any recommendations on what to order?

I'm a big fan of the pastrami or the corned beef, but thats my personal taste. I would just recommend one of the famous sandwiches, I haven't ever bothered with trying the wings or the pizza or anything like that but I assume if they are anything like the sandwiches they are good.

How hard was it getting a ticket ? I'd love to do a game at lambeau field

It was back in 2006 but I researched it and paid about $120 a ticket for 2 central bleacher seats. Then I booked the flight (Manchester to Chicago - then Chicago to Green Bay). Hotel was easy enough to book. Think it must have been through a ticket exchange site (sorry I can't remember) - Packers something but you'll find it through a Google search.

Hey everyone:

There is just something special about Everton that I can’t put my finger on to define, but I feel it through and through.

darn it we have been trying to keep that secret for so long and now you have found out. Spread the word friend and good luck for the future.

Great post that Joseph.

As said above, welcome to the family.

once Everton has touched you, nothing is ever the same.

let us know if you're going the opening games next season. Maybe a pint or two in the Wilmslow.

NSNO

Status
Not open for further replies.