The Sunday Sermon ; Big Joe Royle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think this is my favourate one, stuff like this cant be bought, honestly mate i would buy a collection of these if i saw them is a shop. Yourself and Hsd should get together would be a wonderfull book to have, not kidding here!

I actually think this is my favourate one, stuff like this cant be bought, honestly mate i would buy a collection of these if i saw them is a shop. Yourself and Hsd should get together would be a wonderfull book to have, not kidding here!

Hahaha .

I AM gonna do something , kid .

In truth , this was the WORST , least researched , most badly written - no-one mentioned that I neglected to include , eg , Kanchelskis' Anfield Smash and Grab , NUMEROUS spelling / flow fuk up's , etc ....

Seriously , for a minute though , THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND WORDS .

I get Pm's / VM's / Texts / Calls/ Tweets and word of mouth encouragement on these .

SOME Peeps dig them . I GET that now .

Many, many thanks to ALL OF YOUS .

Btw , to A2B , an' SPECIFICALLY , the kid in Khandahar , Afghanistan , please excuse today's rather sub-standard effort . It WAS VERY LAST MINUTE . All MY FAULT , incidentally .

Anyway , so's you know .

Will TRY HARDER - an' START MUCH EARLIER , next time .

P.S. YOU are my inspiration , my mate .

Nice one .

The Reverand L.C.A.B.

I wish sir, i wish

Hahaha .

I AM gonna do something , kid .

In truth , this was the WORST , least researched , most badly written - no-one mentioned that I neglected to include , eg , Kanchelskis' Anfield Smash and Grab , NUMEROUS spelling / flow fuk up's , etc ....

Seriously , for a minute though , THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND WORDS .

I get Pm's / VM's / Texts / Calls/ Tweets and word of mouth encouragement on these .

SOME Peeps dig them . I GET that now .

Many, many thanks to ALL OF YOUS .

Neon Leon ; Didn't I tell you I'd fuk it up doing it THAT way , Brains ???

Cheers , Leader . Toughest yet , that one .

Sack that , " Start from scratch ,.." [Poor language removed] , " I'm L5CABizzzzllle ,...."

I feel OLD , kid !!!

You feel old? I was at all those games, lid. I feel freakin' ancient....

Seriously, David, thanks for all those memories - even the ones that hurt like 1968 and that 3-0 tonking from our neighbours, Sandy's flying header and all....

Thanks and take care, mate.

You feel old? I was at all those games, lid. I feel freakin' ancient....

Seriously, David, thanks for all those memories - even the ones that hurt like 1968 and that 3-0 tonking from our neighbours, Sandy's flying header and all....

Thanks and take care, mate.

Hahaha .

Fair do's , Treb' .

Welcome , mate . As ever .

Brilliant and painfully accurate.

First of all, thanks, Dave. This must have caused you a lot of painful effort.

Secondly, for the benefit of younger fans, take note of LCAB's sentence about Catterick not liking stars. His treatment of Bally and the Vision was squalid. In those long gone days when we were in the top four; when Scottie was more than a road; when Evertonians believed in the genius of the club, things like dropping The Vision mattered. When he sold Bally, I swore I'd never believe any of the lying ba**ards ever again.

You've brought it all back to life. Cheers.

Now that sentence got to me. That's what it meant to be an Evertonian back then - we were the ones that all the others feared. Joe was a key part of that.

Here's another memory of him. After we got our revenge over WBA on a cool night in April 1970 (we won 2-0 to secure the title), there was a good natured pitch invasion. I stayed in the GSE (Dad's orders....) and waited for the victorious champions to emerge from the tunnel to take the applause. First out of the tunnel? Big Joe Royle, flash bulbs goin' off all over, crowd went mental. I'd never witnessed anything like it - my hazy memories of 1963 were nothing like this, I thought....

Now that sentence got to me. That's what it meant to be an Evertonian back then - we were the ones that all the others feared. Joe was a key part of that.

Here's another memory of him. After we got our revenge over WBA on a cool night in April 1970 (we won 2-0 to secure the title), there was a good natured pitch invasion. I stayed in the GSE (Dad's orders....) and waited for the victorious champions to emerge from the tunnel to take the applause. First out of the tunnel? Big Joe Royle, flash bulbs goin' off all over, crowd went mental. I'd never witnessed anything like it - my hazy memories of 1963 were nothing like this, I thought....

Points upwards ^^^^^ ,..

Children ; Listen to BOTH your Uncles , Dixie AND Treb' ,..

THEY KNOW OF WHAT THEY SPEAK .

God was good to me. April 1970 was when merit got its reward. I will NEVER forget Bally dancing on the pitch with the trophy.

West, Wright, Brown, Kendall, Labone, Harvey, Husband, BALL, Royal, Hurst, Morrisey. Thank you all.

Have to say Joe Royle has always had a certain amount of class. Really like the guy and Saturday must be a strange day for him.

Dogs of war were ace- after the tosh from before we had some heroes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.