The Sunday Sermon ; Big Joe Royle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was lucky to get taken to a lot of games that League winning season. Oozed class that side and big Joe was a colossus for us in the best traditions of the Royal Blue number nine shirt. Remember that 3-2 win over Leeds ? Joe even grabbed a hat trick that season v Southampton on my 12th birthday at Goodison..what a present. Happy days.
I was lucky to get taken to a lot of games that League winning season. Oozed class that side and big Joe was a colossus for us in the best traditions of the Royal Blue number nine shirt. Remember that 3-2 win over Leeds ? Joe even grabbed a hat trick that season v Southampton on my 12th birthday at Goodison..what a present. Happy days.

I went to that 3-2 win v Leeds at Goodison - we had to get to Goodison 2 hours early to get in, massive cues, my elder brother just parked his car anywhere miles away from the ground - you can see that game on You tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxaJS8TrRbI

Joe Royles first goal was a brilliant double header effort - Leeds team were champions, & were on a huge unbeaten run, & a classy , but a dirty side

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.