The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up on this transfer window when we signed Kone for six million.

I had been hoping that we would break our record transfer fee on a class striker like Negredo or Soldado. Believe it or not, I can remember people stating that signing the likes of Negredo or Soldado would be too much of a risk as they had never played in England before, but all the excuses in the world were used to excuse Martinez' selection of average players in the transfer market, and then the player himself will be given a good 18 moths of crap football before people finally come to the conclusion that he has been a total waste of money.

Kone aside he has brought in a defender on a free and a back up goalkeeper for around 1-2m to replace the departed Mucha

What else would you have liked him to do?

And where would he of got the money for a Negredo or Soldado like?. By selling Felli or Felli & Baines?. Well it looks like were seeling one or both with hrs to go in wondow and the likes of ya Negredo's & Soldado's have already gone!.

We cant buy players like that IF we haven't sold players first, early on in the window!. jeeeez.

I had been hoping that we would break our record transfer fee on a class striker like Negredo or Soldado. Believe it or not, I can remember people stating that signing the likes of Negredo or Soldado would be too much of a risk as they had never played in England before, but all the excuses in the world were used to excuse Martinez' selection of average players in the transfer market, and then the player himself will be given a good 18 moths of crap football before people finally come to the conclusion that he has been a total waste of money.

Negredo or Soldado? Have you been living under a rock the last decade or do you believe Bill suddenly found a spare 50m behind his life sized poster of Moyes? If you have unrealistic expectations given our past transfer dealings then you only have yourself to blame for the crushing disappointment that follows.

How quickly some people forget the dross Moyes signed to offset the gems he did. Give Martinez some time eh? It's not like Football Manager out there.

Bravo sir!.

I was thinking of this yesterday

Why don't we put in a bid for Kevin Doyle?

Wolves cant afford to keep paying his wages, he wants regular football so he can get in the Ireland team and we need someone to score goals

Win, Win, Win

we need a goalscorer mate. it looks atm that we have 3 strikers who are all for running all over the shop, but don't put the ball in the back of the net - that's basically what doyle would bring us.

Oh you're one of those who thought the extra tv money would be used for players signings.

And what you say regarding McCarthy is just as true for Fellaini. Apart from Moyes, who else is interested? That's not really a great measuring stick for how good a player is.

He did indeed pal. I'd quit this argument with him if I was you as I had it with him ages ago, and low and behold, we haven't spent anywhere near the amounts of money he thinks we should of!. We only will IF Felli is sold in next 2 days, strange that?!

What if we had just kept all our players and Martinez used what he has for his playing style no need to bring 2nd raters. To me is it more about Martinez not understanding our players and not having any idea of tactics to use for his stye. Players are adaptable.

To lose either Felli or Baines or both and bring in the likes of McCarthy and other names knocking around will be untimately a disaster for our club IMO. Work with what you have got Roberto and forget about more Wigan players.

I wonder who will buy Tom Ince, I don't know much about him but that goal yesterday was class. Could he play with McCarthy or are they too similar?

Ayyyy?!. Ones a CM'r and the other is a winger pal, course there not similar! Haha. And yeah, I reckon they could play together.

I was thinking of this yesterday

Why don't we put in a bid for Kevin Doyle?

Wolves cant afford to keep paying his wages, he wants regular football so he can get in the Ireland team and we need someone to score goals

Win, Win, Win

Oh deary me Mikey, i'd have cried if we had brought him in when he was at his best, not quite sure how i'd react now.

NEXT.

The extra TV money has covered this years loss, which is why there has been no need to sell anyone. There are no more losses to cover, and the idea of reducing a bit of debt when your revenue has just increased dramatically and you are competing in the premier league is PREPOSTEROUS!!!

Unfortunately we have spent the remainder of the first new TV payment on a 30 year old Kone. It was bad business, and could have been spent a lot better had we been realistic about Fellaini's valuation instead of obsessing over a couple of million here or there, as we could have added the Fellaini cash to the remaining TV money, making us capable of signing any one of the players Spurs have signed.

Correct me if im wrong here, but if we make a loss on finances from the previous season, doesn't that become a debt?. You told me that new TV revenue coming in wasn't needed to service debts but now your saying most of the new TV money that came in went towards covering loses!.

You said at the beginning of the window that any new money coming in should solely be spent on the team yet your admitting it went towards debts and it left us very little to spend on the team, which we did and bought Kone, Joel aswell as paying for Martinez and his staff with it, exactly what I was telling you very early on in this window!.

There is no way of putting a brave face on this, it is Everton who are being screwed, could have been sorted many weeks ago but our EX and Man U had no respect for our club.

Doyle's been terrible for Ireland for the last two years, Longs been much better even Connor The Fish Salmon has been better

Status
Not open for further replies.