The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have an extra 90 million coming our way over the next three years!

I've heard people crying about how a 20million pound Fellaini sale would result in a profit of 'only' a few million. People have been far too pre-occupied with the profit margin that will be realised from Fellaini's sale, rather than looking at the advantages of selling and buying your players early.

All the good players have already signed for other clubs! As if we were totally incapable of signing just one of the many quality players that Spurs have signed. We could have signed at least one of them, but no, Martinez has a hard-on over James McCarthy who no other club is remotely interested in.

Oh you're one of those who thought the extra tv money would be used for players signings.

And what you say regarding McCarthy is just as true for Fellaini. Apart from Moyes, who else is interested? That's not really a great measuring stick for how good a player is.

See, I've got to be honest here, I like his name and it's got me excited.

Love the honesty!

He's got the exotic, double-barreled foreign name. Now all we need is a Twitter endorsement from one of his international team-mates on Twitter and we have all the ingredients we need to create a fume fest when we eventually don't sign him :).

I'm not panicking at all. Fellaini in my opinion was a Moyes type player. I have faith in Martinez to bring players in that suit HIS play. And for the top players he has its all about patience in adapting. Onwards and upwards, it's all about moulding a team, as long as we bring in the right players. I'd rather see Martinez style players than a 'replacement' for Fellaini. I for one are looking forward to future Martinez signings.

Alistair Fergusson ‏@Fergie1975 57m
People asking about transfers. Right now it's exactly as I posted on Mon. Fellaini all but done for a fee rising to £24m. Baines currently staying at EFC. That would change if he pushed for it more.

Who is Alistair ferguson?

I wonder who will buy Tom Ince, I don't know much about him but that goal yesterday was class. Could he play with McCarthy or are they too similar?

Oh you're one of those who thought the extra tv money would be used for players signings.

And what you say regarding McCarthy is just as true for Fellaini. Apart from Moyes, who else is interested? That's not really a great measuring stick for how good a player is.

The extra TV money has covered this years loss, which is why there has been no need to sell anyone. There are no more losses to cover, and the idea of reducing a bit of debt when your revenue has just increased dramatically and you are competing in the premier league is PREPOSTEROUS!!!

Unfortunately we have spent the remainder of the first new TV payment on a 30 year old Kone. It was bad business, and could have been spent a lot better had we been realistic about Fellaini's valuation instead of obsessing over a couple of million here or there, as we could have added the Fellaini cash to the remaining TV money, making us capable of signing any one of the players Spurs have signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.