The Martinez plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to mention Dier. I'd love to have him back as the partner for Stones.

Literally based on nothig other than reading about him and asking others about his skillset. Would be class as an English club to have a real core of English players.

Bit weird I know about Dier but the most successful clubs always have a solid English core.

I realize my previous post may come off as...a bit tittish, but come on. We're going to end up in the Championship because we aren't splashing around 20+million by the middle of July?

Calm down. We just finished 5th, with our highest Prem point total ever. And we're a young team that has an upward trajectory.

A lot of players have 'second season syndrome' do you not think managers have that? All the teams are getting strong and we're sat here with our hands down our pants. If we don't invest, we will get left behind.

A lot of players have 'second season syndrome' do you not think managers have that? All the teams are getting strong and we're sat here with our hands down our pants. If we don't invest, we will get left behind.
Chelsea and Arsenal have strengthened.

Spurs have done nothing.

Utd got a new manager...and a 18 year old LB. And a decent CM (still need another couple decent CM's!).

Liverpool lost their world class player and have bought all sorts, who knows if any of them are good enough.

City are not even worth thinking about.

It's July 22nd.

Everything will be ok.

Kev. It is the Martinez plan because he is attempting something totally new in English football,albeit copied from the ultra successful Barcelona model.
Provide youngsters with the best facilities available,have them living in a dormitory onsite which will allow them to spend a lot more time training and playing football.

Where else has this happened in England..Which other club is following this model...yet.

I think that some people regard finding a wealthy mega investor/owner a bit like playing the looto every week. Even though they know how unlikely it is they still eel that next week it could be them.

Well, it won't be us and if we want to be a top team again it won't be because we can regularly spend vast sums of money on players..We have to try to find a different way.

It's not being fooled by anybody ..it's accepting reality.

Kev. It is the Martinez plan because he is attempting something totally new in English football,albeit copied from the ultra successful Barcelona model.
Provide youngsters with the best facilities available,have them living in a dormitory onsite which will allow them to spend a lot more time training and playing football.

Where else has this happened in England..Which other club is following this model...yet.

I think that some people regard finding a wealthy mega investor/owner a bit like playing the looto every week. Even though they know how unlikely it is they still eel that next week it could be them.

Well, it won't be us and if we want to be a top team again it won't be because we can regularly spend vast sums of money on players..We have to try to find a different way.

Are you an expert on academies in the UK??

So youre saying RM could have 'second season syndrome for managers' ....when his second season hasn't even started ? Its not rocket science that we need more players...but do us a favour, don't build RM's scaffold yet.

Being a bit pedantic but let's give the credit to Ajax. They are the original. Barcelona is just a copy of the Dutch club's youth setup.

We're copying the Barca model????

Players bought recently(ish) with virtually nothing back from sales.

Claudio Bravo - £9.5m
Louis Suarez - £75m
Alba - 14m
Song - 15m
Neymar - 49+m
*Sanchez - 30m
*Fabregas - 30m

The stars indicate the two players they actually sold (both for the same as they bought them) along with pulling back a massive 4mil for Villa and 10mil for Krkic.

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=224&comp_id=21&teamTabs=transfers

Add in big spends on seasons to bring in players like Ibrahimovic, Villa and so on, and I'm not convinced we can afford the Barca model to be honest.

Claudio Bravo - £9.5m
Louis Suarez - £75m
Alba - 14m
Song - 15m
Neymar - 49+m
*Sanchez - 30m
*Fabregas - 30m

The stars indicate the two players they actually sold (both for the same as they bought them) along with pulling back a massive 4mil for Villa and 10mil for Krkic.

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=224&comp_id=21&teamTabs=transfers

Add in big spends on seasons to bring in players like Ibrahimovic, Villa and so on, and I'm not convinced we can afford the Barca model to be honest.

Ha, double that and we might be getting closer to the truth.

We're copying the Barca model????

Claudio Bravo - £9.5m
Louis Suarez - £75m
Alba - 14m
Song - 15m
Neymar - 49+m
*Sanchez - 30m
*Fabregas - 30m

Yes, but they did quite well with their academy, and while they may not have won the CL and been the most dominant team on the planet without buying a few big players a massive part of that team came from the youth academy.

Many Barca fans are upset with how much they've been spending lately because it's taking them from their model.

Status
Not open for further replies.