The Martinez plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblue

Player Valuation: £60m
I am very pleased to see that RM seems to be looking at the long term future of Everton and not just
the current first team.
We already know that he wants to build a dormitory at FF in the mould of Barcelona and now seems to
be trying to bring the best of young talent to the club. We learned about Henen this morning and it also appears that we are trying to sign Galloway from MK Dons.Last season we signed McLaughlin from an Irish club and we have also brought in the ex-Utd lad Byrne. There may be others as well.

I think the age of these players is significant. If they are good enough they could be part of the first team squad in season 2015/2016. They are not costing as much as first team players, but are not very far from being old enough to be involved.

There is no doubt imo that RM is trying to develop the Barcelona model at Everton.

I will believe it when any of these teenagers break into the first team. The only young prospect who we have purchased who has made it to the first team has been Coleman, and to be honest it was easier for him to break into the side when he did as the squad as a whole was a lot weaker, and lets face it his opposition to the right back berth was Hibbert.

My own view is we need to be signing established quality around the 25 year old mark with senior international experience if we are serious about breaking into the top 4 consistently.

You still need to spend money on proven players though.

You'll never succeeded if you only invest in potential.

I don't mind promising youngsters and building for the future. There has to be a balance though, we can't let ourselves slip in the meantime. That's why everyone is on tenterhooks about some signings for the first team.

I am very pleased to see that RM seems to be looking at the long term future of Everton and not just
the current first team.
We already know that he wants to build a dormitory at FF in the mould of Barcelona and now seems to
be trying to bring the best of young talent to the club. We learned about Henen this morning and it also appears that we are trying to sign Galloway from MK Dons.Last season we signed McLaughlin from an Irish club and we have also brought in the ex-Utd lad Byrne. There may be others as well.

I think the age of these players is significant. If they are good enough they could be part of the first team squad in season 2015/2016. They are not costing as much as first team players, but are not very far from being old enough to be involved.

There is no doubt imo that RM is trying to develop the Barcelona model at Everton.

Sean Kinsella - the "Irish Messi" apparently....

I will believe it when any of these teenagers break into the first team. The only young prospect who we have purchased who has made it to the first team has been Coleman, and to be honest it was easier for him to break into the side when he did as the squad as a whole was a lot weaker, and lets face it his opposition to the right back berth was Hibbert.

My own view is we need to be signing established quality around the 25 year old mark with senior international experience if we are serious about breaking into the top 4 consistently.

There's no way we can afford signing CL quality players at the peak of their careers. They would cost between 20 (absolute cheapest) to around 40 (the likes of Fabregas) depending on their position and that's not including the big stars.

Do you really think we're going to be shelling out for 2 players for 40m and pay them each 150K every season? That's what Chelsea and City do. The teams that don't have to worry too much about the money.

The La Masia way is the only way for a club like ours. i.e. no money but a decent history and a good reputation (now at least) of playing the right way.

However we're not even doing the Barca way. They pick them up when they're really young like 10 years old or less. We're doing more of an Arsenal.

What about John Stones?

He is in wan integral part of the first team scene and no one would be surprised if he was in the starting XI at Leicester.

I disagree that stones was in the 'potential' category. 3m for an 18 year old is actually a decent sum and triple what we we are allegedly going to pay for this Belgian kid. Stones was very highly rated indeed and we know Martinez himself was desperate to sign him at Wigan.

I disagree that stones was in the 'potential' category. 3m for an 18 year old is actually a decent sum and triple what we we are allegedly going to pay for this Belgian kid. Stones was very highly rated indeed and we know Martinez himself was desperate to sign him at Wigan.
Stones' transfer fee was inclusive of being-English tax.

Stones' transfer fee was inclusive of being-English tax.
True, but also I would argue that being young and English he has been given more of a chance than the likes of Dier or Mustafi ever were.

The point I am trying to make is that I think Stones is a bad example as I don't think given his circumstances think he was a generic youth product picked up from another club.

Not going to lie i love the thought of having a young squad with lots of potential. Especially under Martinez.

yep me too, I just bought the pre-season package just to have a look at some of these young players.
has anyone else bought the pre season thing on the Everton site or I am being ripped off

Status
Not open for further replies.