• Keep

Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Get rid

Votes: 97 80.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
johnnyheitinga_155107h.jpg

On first impressions, he didn't look the best, did he? On signing him an Atletico Madrid fan came on here and dubbed him "Hollands version of Phil Neville" - I couldn't get that comparison out of my head and his performances didn't help, he looked every bit like a jack of all trades, average footballer. Thats no disrespect to Nev - but he just didn't look like a player we needed.​

At first we didn't know how he would fit in. He was saying he preferred centre back - and I prefer Audi TT's to Corsas, it's just not going to happen, certainly not now. Not only did he look too small to be a centre half, we just didn't need one.​

So as expected, he debuted mainly at right back. In all honesty, he didn't impress me. His positional sense and his tendency to let a winger get in behind him was a bit concerning.​

Centre mid alongside Rodwell? He never impressed me here either - he doesn't offer anything going forward.​

Based on his "getting stuck in" approach, I would say we need to give him a role of Lee Carsley, and let him adapt. The sooner the better.​

Despite the concerns mentioned earlier, I rate the lad.​

A leader in every sense of the word, a player you want in your side. He takes ownership, he throws himself in, he's always wanting the ball and most of all, he comes across as passionate - barking orders to the Gwladys Street crowd on one or two occasions. A player who has the potential to be a cult hero - if he makes Goodison his home.​

An integral player for us next season. Jagielka v2.​

THIS .

OH , AND HE'S NAILS , AN' ALL , AND IS PROPER GETTIN' THIS BLUE THING , TOO !!!

I thought that Chelsea would 'kill' us in the air on wednesday night. The fact that they didn't owed a great deal to the way Heitinga played. What's more, he looks like he is enjoying it too. I think he might have been last off the pitch at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.