The Everton Board Thread

This has bothered me since I read it on Everton's Instagram post for Walter Smith on his passing:

Highlights included a 1-0 win at Liverpool in September 1999 and the 5-0 victory over Sunderland three months later which began Bill Kenwright’s tenure as Chairman on a perfect note.

He doesn't act like a custodian or a fan, he wants to be buttered up at every opportunity - the start of his tenure as chairman was an important occasion worth shoehorning into another person's obituary. Put it on the side of the stadium. Name a stand after him.

And for what? Managing the decline? Get out.

What was the conversation about? As I’m blocked by the esk
202712D8-4C69-4E02-A678-842C89BEDAAE.png

Not at all.
There is a regular practice in the club to shoehorn praise onto the owners at every opportunity.
That the start of Kenwright's tenure as chairman be highlighted in Walter Smith's obituary feels distateful.
How? That Sunderland game was the first after Kenwright’s takeover and was one of Walter’s biggest winning margins in his reign so the two events will forever be linked

Not at all.
There is a regular practice in the club to shoehorn praise onto the owners at every opportunity.
That the start of Kenwright's tenure as chairman be highlighted in Walter Smith's obituary feels distateful.

Spot on. The likes of Graeme Sharp, Ian Snodin and especially Barry Horne all brown nosed and bigged up BK any chance they got when they hosted phone-ins on local radio.

Spot on. The likes of Graeme Sharp, Ian Snodin and especially Barry Horne all brown nosed and bigged up BK any chance they got when they hosted phone-ins on local radio.

I went off Sharp as a person during those times. I’ve got great respect for him as a player however his condescending attitude towards people who he didn’t agree with was obnoxious to say the least. There is a way to go about disagreeing with someone and he was a real arsehole to some Evertonians imo.

He’s also a bit phoney, in his book not long released before those phone in times, he was clearly cheesed off at “the decline of Everton” no longer chasing trophies but losing 6-2 to Aston Villa and finishing mid table . Some of his complaints about the state of the club just before he left for Oldham were conveyed years later and he wasn’t having any of it.

I went off Sharp as a person during those times. I’ve got great respect for him as a player however his condescending attitude towards people who he didn’t agree with was obnoxious to say the least. There is a way to go about disagreeing with someone and he was a real arsehole to some Evertonians imo.

He’s also a bit phoney, in his book not long released before those phone in times, he was clearly cheesed off at “the decline of Everton” no longer chasing trophies but losing 6-2 to Aston Villa and finishing mid table . Some of his complaints about the state of the club just before he left for Oldham were conveyed years later and he wasn’t having any of it.

Back in the mid-2000s when Sharp was on the legends phone-in with Mickey Thomas on Century FM, he actually banned my texts from being read out for my consistent stinging criticisms of BK and the board.