The back 4 are the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have two wingbacks who are scared to cross when they are in the final third

we have centre backs who cant head the ball into the net from corners or set pieces when 3 yards out and unmarked

i've never seen someone with a 50p head until i saw Keane

coleman is coming back from injury so granted he will be in and out of the first team but we rely on him so badly to go forward

bar coleman and pickford the rest of the defence needs re-building

Well. There you go then.

If that's the best endorsement you can come up with, you have just proved all the naysayers correct.

Basically the point he spunked £200mill and flogged our main players set us back 2 seasons.

Whoever we get in needs to be in for the long haul

Squad calculus is amazingly simple and complex all at once. Amazing how a few simple additions or subtractions make it all come to pieces so easily. It’s not like Matic is the one difference between a good Chelsea and a bad Chelsea, but look at them with or without him.

For Everton, it’s amazing how much better they were with a fit pairing of Baines and Coleman. Not that I’d count these as the most important pieces to replace, but their losses have been huge.

Obviously the side needs a #1 striker and a #1 center half.

Not sure what’s needed wide, but these have been in a funk for some time.

I believe the MF pieces are there, but none of the managers yet have figured it out.

For me, 4 careful additions and the correct setup and you’re on you way to building the confidence back.

Status
Not open for further replies.