The back 4 are the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coleman is coming back from a long term injury and besides I said cover. Neither Martina or Kenny is good enough so why not buy one for both sides then.

Playing a CB at LB isn't going to improve our ability to keep hold of the ball. It's something a Pulis team would do.
I have to agree.
I love it (Keegan style) when we blood youngsters, especially scousers but Kenny just isn't ready. He's tenacious and runs his little legs into the ground but genuinely, Cuco is a better option currently.

Kenny needs a season away imo. Hopefully in the PL but top end championship would do. Then come back and look to apply some pressure on Coleman.

I have to agree.
I love it (Keegan style) when we blood youngsters, especially scousers but Kenny just isn't ready. He's tenacious and runs his little legs into the ground but genuinely, Cuco is a better option currently.

Kenny needs a season away imo. Hopefully in the PL but top end championship would do. Then come back and look to apply some pressure on Coleman.
He should only come back if he does well. I don't think he's good enough.

Fullback is a hard position. You need to be both defender and winger. I almost think converting wingers into fullbacks is easier to find. I've no idea why Lennon was never tried there.

Coleman is coming back from a long term injury and besides I said cover. Neither Martina or Kenny is good enough so why not buy one for both sides then.

Playing a CB at LB isn't going to improve our ability to keep hold of the ball. It's something a Pulis team would do.

You sort that out in the summer when you're figuring out a style of play. Kenny is solid, he brought Mangala in (backfired) and has two players coming back. Dropping £20mill on a fullback without a clear plan is almost as bad as spending £45mill on a certain Icelandic player

And as for keeping the ball...we need a lot more than a couple of fullbacks.

You sort that out in the summer when you're figuring out a style of play. Kenny is solid, he brought Mangala in (backfired) and has two players coming back. Dropping £20mill on a fullback without a clear plan is almost as bad as spending £45mill on a certain Icelandic player

And as for keeping the ball...we need a lot more than a couple of fullbacks.
I agree but I'm not sure why we have to wait until the summer before having that plan.

I told you what I would do. Two FBs both cover for each side which would have also helped this season. A replacement for Baines in the summer. Martina back to being 3rd choice and Kenny loaned in the summer.

That's a clear plan.

I'm just watching Chelsea Vs Utd and 3 of the 4 fullbacks are ex-wingers.

We need to try and get to that level. They can afford it as every single player on the pitch is technically good and can receive, hold and pass the ball. We barely string 3 passes together.

Course those sides also have pace all over the pitch which helps.

..the squad is the problem.
Many of whom qualified for Europe with the club last season, or have careers where they have won massive amounts of trophies elsewhere.

As opposed to the manager who has won, er, nothing, anywhere.

You've been proven wrong so many times on your 'miracle worker' shout.

The mask is slipping....
The mask is slipping? What are you on about?

These players regardless of past, have now played awfully for some time - three managers for some of them.

The mask is slipping? What are you on about?

These players regardless of past, have now played awfully for some time - three managers for some of them.

They've played poorly - this season. Last season, Europe, 14 home wins.

So it's quite clearly not just the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.