Terry Darracott R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

@Dario Terracotta awful sorry to hear this news RIP Terry Darracott & condolences to his family -

View attachment 159956
Favourite car: “I dont have one“
what you wyou have been if you havent been a footballer: “a merchant seaman”

i wonder how manyof todays players would ever answer like that. Probably the last generation who were truly working class lads living the dream. Nowaday the dream is just how many more millions do i have compared to my teammates. Very sad!

Terry Darracott - his love of Everton shone through. We were honoured to have him speak (brilliantly) at the Harry Catterick centenary event in 2019. Rest In peace, Terry - from the EFC heritage society -

1648057746225.png

Lots of lovely tributes to Terry here. I remember him in his midfield days, before Bingham converted him to right-back, doing a great man-marking job on George Best in a midweek game at Goodison. That said, some of his tackles would have had the Craig Pawsons of this world reaching for his red card even without VAR!

Terry did a similar job on Alan Ball on Bally's home debut for Arsenal, shortly after the Catt's Crime of the Century. Bally barely had a kick (of the ball)!

I once had the good fortune to speak briefly with another former Blue, Joe Mercer. I asked him which current Everton players he would have liked to manage and was surprised when he mentioned Terry. "Every team needs someone like Terry," he said. "Tough as they come and never gives up." If he was good enough for Joe Mercer he was definitely good enough for me.

RIP Terry.

Status
Not open for further replies.