Team vs Krasnodar

Status
Not open for further replies.
UEFA Europa League Live

FC Krasnodar v Everton/Tottenham Hotspur v Besiktas

Thursday 2nd October on ITV4 from 4:45pm to 10:30pm

Matt Smith presents a double bill of Europa league starting with Everton's trip to Russia to take on Krasnodar in their first European away game in five years. Then, Tottenham host Besiktas of Turkey. Scotland manager, Gordon Strachan, and ex-Spurs player, Jermaine Jenas, provide the expert analysis. Commentary by Jon Champion and Sam Matterface.
Cheers mate!!

If Coleman's back I don't see a problem with him playing both games - this would give us a chance to see Browning at CB.

Krasnodar:
Robles
Coleman - Browning - Distin - Garbutt
Besic - Gibson
Atsu - Osman - Oviedo
Eto'o
United:
Howard
Coleman - Stones - Jags - Baines
McCarthy - Barry
McGeady - Naismith - Oviedo
Lukaku
Oviedo coming off at HT in Krasnodar. I'd love to see him start vs United after his goal there last year.

This isn't a game to rest the whole team and play a weakened team, and I very much doubt we will. What would be the point in playing a full strength team vs Wolfsburg if we weren't going to take every game seriously until we're through? I think we'll keep much of the side the same as the likes of Baines, Jags, Stones, McCarthy, Besic, Naisy are fit enough to play 3 games a week. Think we'll try and keep the ball as much as we can and try and get through the game in second gear with a few game changers on the bench.

If Coleman's back I don't see a problem with him playing both games - this would give us a chance to see Browning at CB.

Krasnodar:
Robles
Coleman - Browning - Distin - Garbutt
Besic - Gibson
Atsu - Osman - Oviedo
Eto'o
United:
Howard
Coleman - Stones - Jags - Baines
McCarthy - Barry
McGeady - Naismith - Oviedo
Lukaku
Oviedo coming off at HT in Krasnodar. I'd love to see him start vs United after his goal there last year.
Any update on Coleman?,getting a bit worried its more like a fractured cheekbone or something now:(.

Krasnodar won 1-0 again today vs Dinamo Moscow. They seem a very good team. Have had so many clean sheets this season, win the majority of games 1-0.

Strongest team lads. Worry about OT afterwards.
Is right we've already threw one cup away wotever happened to one game at a time,not playing well as it is another swansea like performance on the cards with some of them line ups,no thanks lets get through first ffs.

Martinez will look to set the marker for qualification here. A win will put us 4 or even 5 points clear of 3rd. That takes the risk of resting in future games during a very heavy set of fixtures Oct-Dec away! Play our best I think .. We can go back to putting our stamp on the league then!!

Howard
Browning Stones Jags Baines/Oviedo
McCarthy Gibson Besic
McGeady Atsu
Eto'o

We need too be in the knockout stages in Feb. This club needs that kind of football every year .. Let's get there as quickly and securely as possible!

This isn't a game to rest the whole team and play a weakened team, and I very much doubt we will. What would be the point in playing a full strength team vs Wolfsburg if we weren't going to take every game seriously until we're through? I think we'll keep much of the side the same as the likes of Baines, Jags, Stones, McCarthy, Besic, Naisy are fit enough to play 3 games a week. Think we'll try and keep the ball as much as we can and try and get through the game in second gear with a few game changers on the bench.

It's 3 away games in a week though. That's very taxing on the players and I think we need a win against utd.

I also feel this is the least important game in the group tbh. Don't think we need to go all out to win it.

It's 3 away games in a week though. That's very taxing on the players and I think we need a win against utd.

I also feel this is the least important game in the group tbh. Don't think we need to go all out to win it.

I think we're underestimating Krasnodar a bit. Definitely the dark horses. I agree we'll make a fair few changes but bringing in people like Robles, Long, McAleny, Galloway like some people have suggested is a bit far imo. Maybe if we make about 6 changes but keep the standard high, bring in the likes of Eto'o/Kone, Osman, Gibson, Browning, Oviedo, Atsu.

If both Pienaar and Coleman are fit I would play both of them. Pienaar have been out for quite some time and Coleman has missed our last 2 games, so they should be fresh enough to play 2 games in a week. I would go for something like this:

Howard
Coleman(Browning)-Stones-Distin-Oviedo
Gibson-Besic
McGeady-Osman-Pienaar(Atsu)
Eto'o

Robles,Alcaraz, Garbutt, Lukaku, Kone, Atsu, Browning

I think we're underestimating Krasnodar a bit. Definitely the dark horses. I agree we'll make a fair few changes but bringing in people like Robles, Long, McAleny, Galloway like some people have suggested is a bit far imo. Maybe if we make about 6 changes but keep the standard high, bring in the likes of Eto'o/Kone, Osman, Gibson, Browning, Oviedo, Atsu.

Joazinho is a good player but that's only from any little clips i've seen - plus he's Brazilan. Not a clue about the rest other than they've got Izmalov who was good when he was in Portugal but he's about 32 now

If both Pienaar and Coleman are fit I would play both of them. Pienaar have been out for quite some time and Coleman has missed our last 2 games, so they should be fresh enough to play 2 games in a week. I would go for something like this:

Howard
Coleman(Browning)-Stones-Distin-Oviedo
Gibson-Besic
McGeady-Osman-Pienaar(Atsu)
Eto'o

Robles,Alcaraz, Garbutt, Lukaku, Kone, Atsu, Browning

I really wouldn't put two players who are recovering from injuries on a long-haul flight mate - would do more damage than good. We need them back for United - we can get by without them if Martinez uses the other players right.

Status
Not open for further replies.