Sylvain Distin 'confronts' fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
He shouldn't be doing it, and he was bang out of order last time, but this time I can fully understand why he's responded that way in human terms.

Massively unprofessional though.

He takes Twitter far too seriously and he's going to get himself in big trouble if he's not careful, as he's showing these abusive morons that they are getting to him.

Trolls live for a reaction, that is their sole sad purpose in life and he just gave that lad a thrill of a lifetime. Now there'll be tons of other goons tweeting all sorts to him, hoping for the same attention. He's made a rod for his own back and made himself look like a fool as well.

He should get off Twitter for a bit I think, as he clearly takes too much nonsense to heart (and appears reluctant to use his 'block' button). Somebody said it best the other day - he gives far more attention to the clowns who abuse him than the genuine fans who praise him.

The fan is an idiot, obviously, but I'd expect more from a professional footballer (no less an Everton player). Should not be dignifying it with a response. I wonder what Roberto would have to say about it.

That's what I thought.

Madness. The club should get hold of them and ban them.

thing is mate it quite as easily could be some lid that knows a season ticket holders place and is doing it as a wind up and to react that way is pure embarrassing for a professional

Don't see whats wrong with it, coward on twitter giving abuse, he walks over to confront, no sign of him. Just becuase they're paid handsomely, doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed a response to abuse.

The sad thing is, he came off at half time with a hamstring injury and is having a scan on it tomorrow. He's injured, yet he went out of his way to walk to the end of the pitch to confront a stupid Twitter troll. He'd have been better off in the dressing room, celebrating a big win, having a shower, and getting treatment on his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.