summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out
Bird man
Lukaku ( only because we can't afford him)
Kone
Robels

In
Lescott free
Collback free
Barry free
Del loan
Cork 3m
Ba 8m
Tadic 10m
Traore loan

Could be mate. Then again he mentions having added 10-11 players this season and thats what he aims for each year, so could equally mean 7 perms on top of loans, if thats the case tho i think hes counting the young lads ready to join the 1st team

Not sure about the really young ones like ledson but garbutt, browning, lundstram and one of the others would be 4 + loans so 8....not inconceivable to have 10-11....

I think we should only be aiming for 3 cash signings really to get more bang for our buck so to speak.

Not sure about the really young ones like ledson but garbutt, browning, lundstram and one of the others would be 4 + loans so 8....not inconceivable to have 10-11....

I think we should only be aiming for 3 cash signings really to get more bang for our buck so to speak.

Striker, CM and a Left Winger who can play all the way across the line are the obvious needs for permanent signings

Simply put, if we remove the loans we currently have and breka down the team to needs its obvious what we actually need

Starting top quality striker, secondary striker of quality to rotate, and compliment primary one
Starting left winger who is equally adapt playing in the centre attacking role, quality backup in those positions too
Quality centre midfielder of top 4 standard, backup cm of starting quality
Backup right back, back up centre back

Theirs the needs, the exact players will take a lot of wheeling and dealing

Your sensibilities are way out of line in this thread.

I think because we haven't heard anything at all about Ba, we can almost write him off. Of course none of us expected Lukaku until just before we loaned him in, hopefully Roberto can swoop in for him.

I think because we haven't heard anything at all about Ba, we can almost write him off. Of course none of us expected Lukaku until just before we loaned him in, hopefully Roberto can swoop in for him.

Not necessarily mate, was only 2 weeks ago that Martinez said that the names in press we were being linked with were way way off.

Can genuinely see all 4 loanees being here next Season. We'll sign Barry and Lukaku on perms and loan back Traore and Deulofeu. Tadic and a partner for Stones alongside the previous 4 names mentioned would be sound as. Then we get all the injured players back and our squad would be in good shape for next season.

We won't get Lukaku but there are other strikers worth looking at like Ba, Lacazette, Batshuayi who could come in and leave some money left over for strengthening elsewhere.

Kone, Toure and one of the above as options is still a lot better than just having Lukaku to rely on all season.

Ba might be worth it at £7m or £8m, but he is 29 in a month - not a long term answer. I've never seen Lacazette or Batshuayi play. Several on here have spoken about Batshuayi, but has anyone watched Lacazette much?

I'm not convinced that Kone or Traore are good investments.

Ba might be worth it at £7m or £8m, but he is 29 in a month - not a long term answer. I've never seen Lacazette or Batshuayi play. Several on here have spoken about Batshuayi, but has anyone watched Lacazette much?

I'm not convinced that Kone or Traore are good investments.

Unfortunately it looks like we'll be stuck with Kone. I'm still hopeful he can be an asset - whilst in most areas he's nowhere near lukaku's level, his hold up play is better and that's important to the way we play. Traore on loan is also a decent option - I wouldn't risk paying a large fee for him though

Status
Not open for further replies.