summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply put, if we remove the loans we currently have and breka down the team to needs its obvious what we actually need

Starting top quality striker, secondary striker of quality to rotate, and compliment primary one
Starting left winger who is equally adapt playing in the centre attacking role, quality backup in those positions too
Quality centre midfielder of top 4 standard, backup cm of starting quality
Backup right back, back up centre back

Theirs the needs, the exact players will take a lot of wheeling and dealing

Its bad when you can count the defense splitting through balls for a few seasons on two hands!

Hmm, well you think about it, over the years most of our goals have come from crosses/cut backs from build up play out wide or from flick ons from direct balls from back to front. It's very rare that we play the ball through to put the attacker in one on one vs the keeper, or from a ball over the top even?!

All the best teams have different strings to there bows when it comes to creating chances and aren't generally predictable in there play and the way they go about scoring a goal.

Simply put, if we remove the loans we currently have and breka down the team to needs its obvious what we actually need

Starting top quality striker, secondary striker of quality to rotate, and compliment primary one
Starting left winger who is equally adapt playing in the centre attacking role, quality backup in those positions too

Haha just a bit with our finances pal but your right in what we need if Martinez is serious about us being constant CL challengers

Haha just a bit with our finances pal but your right in what we need if Martinez is serious about us being constant CL challengers

As well as buying around 4 players mate, we need to use the loan market as effectively as we did this season to be still pushing top 4 next year, in this scenario missing CL may prove to be a blessing in disguise for us building the squad long term as if we qualified for the CL I'm guessing we may struggle to loan the same quality - certainly domestically.

That's o

That's the main reason I think we might have to let Lukaku go, as we have more needs than just a striker. Also the reason I feel we might end up with Batshuayi. Wouldn't cost more than £10m I expect. Should leave us with enough money to get Tadic or someone similair and a good back up in cm for Barry/mcCarthy. Problem will be strengthening in right back and central defence with the money that's left.

Said before we should move on Song + no way he'd be 10mil in final year of contract.

Discounting his age, I wonder whose the better player, him on Barry?

That's o

That's the main reason I think we might have to let Lukaku go, as we have more needs than just a striker. Also the reason I feel we might end up with Batshuayi. Wouldn't cost more than £10m I expect. Should leave us with enough money to get Tadic or someone similair and a good back up in cm for Barry/mcCarthy. Problem will be strengthening in right back and central defence with the money that's left.

Ideal situation for me mate would be to be able to loan Lukaku for another season, unlikely as it is, then spend whatever we have (20m doing the rounds but hope for more personally) on the other areas of the team were we can fill a couple of starting quality players with the money he'd cost us.

as for rb/cb we have Browning coming through, we need a one season cover for their of quality - Richards fits that bill in my eyes, then hopefully the season after Browning will be ready to fill that role permanently

We need to buy a perm striker, and a perm Tadic type, and we need to then loan high calibre competition for those in the same positions, the likes of Richards, Pedro at Barca, Morata from Madrid, Gil from Valencia, Kovacic at Inter, Llorente should Juve buy a replacement, Alcaraz at Valencia, Jovanavic at City etc etc etc should be the quality of loans were aiming at for the upcoming season. Its just about keeping an eye on the comings and goings at teams and trying to seize upon any opportunity to get in a top player for free whilst we spend in the areas to ensure each year the starting 11 that are our players is stronger than the last

That's o

I'd be ok with that honestly. I think someone like Tadic is a more pressing need than Lukaku. Love the lad but he's just way too inconsistent to be blowing our entire transfer on.

I'd be ok with that honestly. I think someone like Tadic is a more pressing need than Lukaku. Love the lad but he's just way too inconsistent to be blowing our entire transfer on.
Would be happy with that myself. Lets be honest, there's no way we're going to be able to afford Lukaku, a quality acm/winger and a quality back up central midfielder. Personally think/hope we'll spend somewhere between £25m-£30m.

Would be happy with that myself. Lets be honest, there's no way we're going to be able to afford Lukaku, a quality acm/winger and a quality back up central midfielder. Personally think/hope we'll spend somewhere between £25m-£30m.
Can't see us spending that mate. All these lists of players people hoping for, it's probs not gonna happen, we're not strong financially. I think 20 mil tops and 3 loans.

Colback was MOTM again for Sunderland today. He's been outstanding recently when Sunderland needed players to stand up big.

Free transfer, no brainer of a signing to add competition for central midfield.

Save the kitty for a top class striker.

Why would Colback want to leave a team and come here to play second fiddle to McCarthy and hopefully Barry if we get him?

Not saying I don't want to sign him it would be good business on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.