summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHOULD we finish 4th, what do people think about James Milner as a potential signing?

Doesn't get much game time, and I think for £12-15 million he could be bought. Can play wide if needed but I reckon at CM he could really offer us something

SHOULD we finish 4th, what do people think about James Milner as a potential signing?

Doesn't get much game time, and I think for £12-15 million he could be bought. Can play wide if needed but I reckon at CM he could really offer us something
Would never ever give 12-15 mil for him, not to mention he must be on at least 80k week

Would never ever give 12-15 mil for him, not to mention he must be on at least 80k week

You might be right, just think they will struggle to claim more than £15million for him based on the fact hes not in the side and therefore is a bit of risk to any purchaser.

Wages yeah, you are bob on. Think we could offer £60, 70k upwards with 4th and that with guaranteed 1st team football could sway it?

Just thought about him after his cameo at Anfield. Very tidy footballer.

he's always impressed me in the big games, he's that sort of reliable player (like park was for united) who is very very good for top squads. but £3-4m tops i'd say, nowhere near the figure quoted, we would want a top class starter for that, not someone who will do a job.

James Milner for me is a bit of a nothing player, isn't great at anything isn't terrible at anything. I just wouldn't want us spending any money on him.

James Milner for me is a bit of a nothing player, isn't great at anything isn't terrible at anything. I just wouldn't want us spending any money on him.

I thought he changed the game a lot when he came on against Liverpool at the weekend.

He's quite a tenacious, hard-working player. Think he could do well under Martinez.

I get the impression from reading interview comments that Martinez has already identified his targets and is aiming to get the deals done early doors before the World Cup circus kicks off. We know already he's not as cautious as Moyes and will get things done so it augers well for the squad being clearly defined and established when they report for pre-season. Much less chance of last minute deadline day deals now.

Would imagine the permanent signing of Barry and the return of Rodwell to be at the forefront of any activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.