summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair mate didn't you rave about Chadli?

The Dutch league is confusing. Half the players who walk that league bomb elsewhere, and half are ace.
Yeah, always said I liked Chadli a lot (still do), but also said I thought it was a massive mistake by him signing for Spurs. Also, although I praised Chadli, I also said at the time that Tadic was the biggest star in the Dutch eredivisie.

SHOULD we finish 4th, what do people think about James Milner as a potential signing?

Doesn't get much game time, and I think for £12-15 million he could be bought. Can play wide if needed but I reckon at CM he could really offer us something

Milner is decent but I think in a central role, we have someone similar in McCarthy IMO.

Like Milner, McCarthy as a great energy and gets about the pitch all game long so I don't think we need another player like that in Milner.

Once Gibson is fit, and we sign Barry permanently we will have 3 very good CM's competing for 2 spots. We could possibly look to sign another CM on loan for cover/competition, someone like Rodwell, Jonathan Dos Santos or Casimero maybe?!

It's in attacking areas where we need to be looking at for me. We need 2 strikers IMO, Lukaku the main one but if we get priced out then we should be looking at the likes of Bony, Remy, Drmic, Bacca, Doumbia, Alcacer. Then possibly get Traore on loan for a season, plus Kone and we should be ok up top.

We definitely need to try and get Deulofeu back on loan for another season, he adds pace and trickery and come next season he will be more consistent with it and be a real threat at times.

Then I think we need another option in attacking midfield. Think we need some creativity in there and who can get goals aswell. Someone like Tadic or Firmino or even Rafinha on loan from Barca?!

Think I'd also look at a young CB to come in and go under Distin's wing for a season, maybe Martins-Indi or Hinteregger?

I'd guess something like this:-

Lukaku £18 to 25 m
Tadic - £8 to £10m
Barry - free signing
Rodwell - loan or Colback free
Traore- loan
Delu - loan if not Cuenca or Tello
Ince - free signing ( not massively arsed about this but prob good value signing with potential profit i.e Beckford)
Maguire/Dier/Lascelles £3 to £7 mil depending which one or other young CB, preferably English.
Browning, Lundstram, Garbutt and Mcaleny promoted to first team squad.

Some of the fees will prob be paid in instalments/add ons. I'd be well happy with this, only four players not already at the club to integrate into the squad.

I'd guess something like this:-

Lukaku £18 to 25 m
Tadic - £8 to £10m
Barry - free signing
Rodwell - loan or Colback free
Traore- loan
Delu - loan if not Cuenca or Tello
Ince - free signing ( not massively arsed about this but prob good value signing with potential profit i.e Beckford)
Maguire/Dier/Lascelles £3 to £7 mil depending which one or other young CB, preferably English.
Browning, Lundstram, Garbutt and Mcaleny promoted to first team squad.

Some of the fees will prob be paid in instalments/add ons. I'd be well happy with this, only four players not already at the club to integrate into the squad.

agree with Lukaku, Tadic, Barry, Delefeou
If Vietto could be brought in for under 10m from Racing, the lad looks dangerous as hell like, part of me does hope for that exotic signing of a argie/spaniard like

If Vietto could be brought in for under 10m from Racing, the lad looks dangerous as hell like, part of me does hope for that exotic signing of a argie/spaniard like

Iv'e not seen him play, but he looks the business on YouTube;) nice Panenka at 1.50 as well, scenes if he did that for us in Europe next year, Vietto Panenka to the left, then Stonsey steps up and does the same to the right, the roof would come off Goodison.

Iv'e not seen him play, but he looks the business on YouTube;) nice Panenka at 1.50 as well, scenes if he did that for us in Europe next year, Vietto Panenka to the left, then Stonsey steps up and does the same to the right, the roof would come off Goodison.

Hard to tell how good he is really, looks like another off the Racing production line at this point but how he'd adjust to a league like ours a new country etc is unknown, just like to see us unearth one of those players like porto, benfica, and numerous other clubs seem to from south amercia really

Hard to tell how good he is really, looks like another off the Racing production line at this point but how he'd adjust to a league like ours a new country etc is unknown, just like to see us unearth one of those players like porto, benfica, and numerous other clubs seem to from south amercia really

Would be nice, the Portuguese and Spanish teams have a massive advantage over us though with the South American market as they have less restrictions regarding the number of international caps, as well as duel passports, language, weather and life style factors.

Would be nice, the Portuguese and Spanish teams have a massive advantage over us though with the South American market as they have less restrictions regarding the number of international caps, as well as duel passports, language, weather and life style factors.

Aye that Vietto has dual nationality argie/italian, guess that's why his names been bandied around a few prem teams this far

The lad was linked to Leicester last week for £5m. He'd be an handy signing for someone like us. He's a talent. Same as his team mate Zuculini

Status
Not open for further replies.