Summer transfer window 2023

So 2 more goals over a season, 2 less assists. If Iwobi stinks why doesn’t this guy?

Yes but one was a left back and one was a winger/attacking midfielder being used as the sole creative hub of the team.

I don’t think he’s great at all btw. Just saying he is really not that much of a downgrade on Iwobi at all. If anything he’s just more likely to score a goal.

I’d prefer we bought someone better than them both, which shouldn’t be hard but we’ll make it look hard.

He doubled Iwobi’s goal tally while playing left back in his final season for Lyon.

….i said at the time, I’d be happier to see him at LB. I like wingers who convert to FB. but not so keen on FBs who transition to the wing.

I don’t think he’s great at all btw. Just saying he is really not that much of a downgrade on Iwobi at all. If anything he’s just more likely to score a goal.

I’d prefer we bought someone better than them both, which shouldn’t be hard but we’ll make it look hard.

Well least we can agree there. The only reason I’m against the Iwobi sale is because I don’t trust this club to bring a replacement in. We are desperately short of any sort of forward passing.

Well least we can agree there. The only reason I’m against the Iwobi sale is because I don’t trust this club to bring a replacement in. We are desperately short of any sort of forward passing.

I consider Harrison his replacement already, and to me it’s just extra funds we can use to strengthen another area of the team.

I want us to spend it all on a left back personally.

Iwobi is a linking attacking midfielder in a possession based team. And a very decent one.

Cornet is a wide attacker who suits a transitional attack.

I much prefer Iwobi as a player but we aren't a possession based team and have only been so in occasional games since he joined.

Agree with that but just have to get the money for him, would hve expected abit more to come out today. Just too quiet really beed more in

So 2 more goals over a season, 2 less assists. If Iwobi stinks why doesn’t this guy?
The point is Iwobi is literally being sold for £20m + add ons and this lad is coming in on loan for basically nothing. Cornet will be a depth player for us and play most his games at left back, according to some Iwobi is the second coming of Kevin De Bruyne. The reality is on the wings, where Iwobi plays, Cornet is verifiably just as good as Iwobi if not better as he can actually score, is more versatile and is 100% on far less wages.

Most logical people would take them in a straight swap, nevermind getting a £20m profit for us. Again no one is saying Cornet is very good, or that good at all, he's just better than Iwobi who's utter crap.

dele-alli-wave.gif

"Cornet is crap we shouldn't be after him"
"We can't lose Iwobi he's too good"

View attachment 225322
View attachment 225323

The greatest stats based footballer in the world got a whopping 4 assists and 2 goals more than Cornet last year in literally 6x the minutes.
Cornet is a depth signing that'd play for us, it is what it is, but anyone crying about Iwobi being leaving seriously need to get themselves checked out, he's a tragic footballer. This was literally his best ever season too, and Cornet's worst.

At this point £10m for Iwobi is theft, £20m + add ons, ridiculous price if it's real. Genuinely better business than selling Gordon for £45m.

Forgive me if I rank PL assists higher than those against, let me check, Viborg, Silkeborg and Steau Bucharest. Woooo.

Ok let's compare just their PL stats since that's all that matters.

View attachment 225329
View attachment 225330
Again 4.5x as many minutes as Cornet for 8 more goal involvements, this includes Iwobi playing for a side that were actually decent once too. In relegation threatened teams Iwobi has 10 assists, 4 goals, Cornet has 1 assist and 9 goals in like half as many games. In other words Cornet must be some sort of magical world class footballer with these stats to even be close to Iwobi or else the reality is both aren't very good footballers but Cornet is clearly far better value.

Iwobi is a useless footballer, £20m + add ons is a mad fee considering anyone with a brain and two eyes can see just how poor he is.

What position does he play here? Are you going to say he's a winger, central midfielder or full back to suit your argument like any other Iwobi lovers? The fact that you started out with "Cornet's stats don't count because it was against European sides" to now where they don't count because he was playing in a different position shows the fallacy.

Also for what it's worth Cornet has only played up front 12 times in the Premier League, scoring 3 goals. The majority of his goal involvements didn't come with him playing up front.

Yes but one was a left back and one was a winger/attacking midfielder being used as the sole creative hub of the team.

….i said at the time, I’d be happier to see him at LB. I like wingers who convert to FB. but not so keen on FBs who transition to the wing.

Im a little bit confused here.

Why does wanting Iwobi to stay or go have any bearing on Cornet?

I mean, I think Iwobi is a proper donkey and id be glad to never see him (and several others) in our teams shirt.

But why compare to Cornet who is utter dog dirt? He was not good for Lyon, was not good for Burnley outside of a freak 3-4months and has not been good for West Ham.

Im not pointing fingers but I genuinely dont believe anyone rating him or wanting him has ever seen him play -- or hasnt really 'watched him'.

Its a diabolical rumour and im glad Bobble said hes like a worst case option.

If we sign him it will be like burning money.