Summer transfer window 2023

Said basically some decisions will be taken on ‘business needs’. Looking to bring player(s) in but may have to be movement out first. Didn’t sound like anything was especially close in terms of incomings. Gray, Cannon and Iwobi sound like they will be moving.
The other day he said nothing was close then the next day we signed a player.

I wouldnt pay any attention to the words out of his mouth.

"Cornet is crap we shouldn't be after him"
"We can't lose Iwobi he's too good"

1693490242391.png

1693490249023.png

The greatest stats based footballer in the world got a whopping 4 assists and 2 goals more than Cornet last year in literally 6x the minutes.
Cornet is a depth signing that'd play for us, it is what it is, but anyone crying about Iwobi being leaving seriously need to get themselves checked out, he's a tragic footballer. This was literally his best ever season too, and Cornet's worst.

At this point £10m for Iwobi is theft, £20m + add ons, ridiculous price if it's real. Genuinely better business than selling Gordon for £45m.

Leeds seem to have a few things going through now and given their only decent sale is Adams and they have lost a ton of income that might not be enough. I think they need another sale.

They’ve “won” the argument with Gnonto by getting him back into the squad so I feel like they could sell him now without losing face, which always seemed to be a big part of it from the new owners.
Agreed, I said this at the time he returned to training.
It made Leeds look as if they won the battle with the player by bringing him to heel and getting him back training.

It could now be argued it is their decision to sell rather than being forced into a sale. I still think this is one to watch.

Sounded to me like Dyche knows that we’ll be selling Iwobi and isn’t very confident of any further arrivals.
No point in Dyche saying anything that could only backfire on him in fairness. Him saying we are looking at bringing in more players litearlly does nothing but harm us in negotiations except to benefit the tiny percentage of people who's heads are falling off as if we're not currently linked with 3 or 4 different players.

The other day he said nothing was close then the next day we signed a player.

I wouldnt pay any attention to the words out of his mouth.

He was very non commital. He was given the chance to say that we won’t be letting players leave without replacements coming in, but he didn’t. We’ll see soon enough I guess.

Agreed, I said this at the time he returned to training.
It made Leeds look as if they won the battle with the player by bringing him to heel and getting him back training.

It could now be argued it is their decision to sell rather than being forced into a sale. I still think this is one to watch.
Fingers crossed.

"Cornet is crap we shouldn't be after him"
"We can't lose Iwobi he's too good"

View attachment 225322
View attachment 225323

The greatest stats based footballer in the world got a whopping 4 assists and 2 goals more than Cornet last year in literally 6x the minutes.
Cornet is a depth signing that'd play for us, it is what it is, but anyone crying about Iwobi being leaving seriously need to get themselves checked out, he's a tragic footballer. This was literally his best ever season too, and Cornet's worst.

At this point £10m for Iwobi is theft, £20m + add ons, ridiculous price if it's real. Genuinely better business than selling Gordon for £45m.
I’d happily straight swap them right now
I bet Cornet would be on half the wage too

On Dele Ali: "I spoke to him today and he is feeling better about things. Dele is getting back on the grass slowly but surely. There are a few things we expect, it's not ideal as we are stretched."

Get him on Sean ya dinosaur…. Willing Dele to make it back.
Much better than sleeping pills

Honestly though, he's not getting a game this season.