Summer transfer window 2023

Ok let's compare just their PL stats since that's all that matters.

View attachment 225329
View attachment 225330
Again 4.5x as many minutes as Cornet for 8 more goal involvements, this includes Iwobi playing for a side that were actually decent once too. In relegation threatened teams Iwobi has 10 assists, 4 goals, Cornet has 1 assist and 9 goals in like half as many games. In other words Cornet must be some sort of magical world class footballer with these stats to even be close to Iwobi or else the reality is both aren't very good footballers but Cornet is clearly far better value.

Iwobi is a useless footballer, £20m + add ons is a mad fee considering anyone with a brain and two eyes can see just how poor he is.

Is that the Cornet that played up front for Burnley? Thought as much. How many goals did he get playing in the position Iwobi does here.

Is that the Cornet that played up front for Burnley? Thought as much. How many goals did he get playing in the position Iwobi does here.

He doubled Iwobi’s goal tally while playing left back in his final season for Lyon.

@chicoazul

@davek and @Mikey_Fitzgerald , take it to the new arena
5a2cbf91c463f0fdc0b3a5fb271c64c8_w200.gif

…..Iwobi did play quite a few games in that central attacking role under Lampard, so I suppose a true comparison is difficult. For his talent and running power, Iwobi should be far more effective. I’m not convinced by Cornet, I hope we have a few options ahead of him.

What position does he play here? Are you going to say he's a winger, central midfielder or full back to suit your argument like any other Iwobi lovers? The fact that you started out with "Cornet's stats don't count because it was against European sides" to now where they don't count because he was playing in a different position shows the fallacy.

Also for what it's worth Cornet has only played up front 12 times in the Premier League, scoring 3 goals. The majority of his goal involvements didn't come with him playing up front.

…..Iwobi did play quite a few games in that central attacking role under Lampard, so I suppose a true comparison is difficult. For his talent and running power, Iwobi should be far more effective. I’m not convinced by Cornet, I hope we have a few options ahead of him.

I’m not here saying Iwobi is amazing or anything I just don’t understand people trying to compare the two. If Cornet comes in people assume Dyche will just stick him at LB since he’s not getting a game ahead of Harrison, Danjuma & McNeil on the wings.