Summer Transfer Net Spend

Summer Transfer Net Spend

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After a day off the usual suspects unhappy with our win are back with a bang.
How many summer transfer threads are we going to have on here ?
YAWN !!

Does spending the money derived from the sale of Fellaini and other players constitute a net spend?

I don't think it does. A net spend would involve spending more than that.

Can't let myself even think about a net spend till it happens. We'll probably sign a load of players then sell Mirallas for silly money after a great world cup on deadline day to end up with a negative net spend.

Between £0 - £9m, which isn't acceptable. You need to be pessimistic about these things, when we go and spend £25m then you'll just be super happy.

It's not how much you spend but what you pay it on in all honesty

I wouldn't mind us only spending 10 Mil for example, provided we got the players we needed at that value to mount a European and League challenge

As always, I think we should be looking to promote from the youth ranks as opposed to just bringing in new players. We should combine both I think

No negative net spend option?

That's what we usually do and I wouldn't bet against it happening again.

I'd imagine it will be a small net spend window, though. Roughly £4-8M.

Watch out for a possible decent early splurge being clawed back late in the window with a couple of sales.

There's almost no chance we'll spend £10M net by the time the window shuts.

I wouldn't mind us only spending 10 Mil for example, provided we got the players we needed at that value to mount a European and League challenge

As always, I think we should be looking to promote from the youth ranks as opposed to just bringing in new players. We should combine both I think

The Lescott money taught us that valuable little lesson.

Now Bobby has been largely successful so far with transfers, with Alcaraz and Joel looking OK as squad players (which is realistically what they were signed for) McCarthy being much bosser than any of us anticipated, Barry, Rom and Del loans all inspired, and McGeady looking like an absolute steal so far. Just Kone letting him down, and even then he'd of bagged a few if he hadn't been out the whole year.

Gotta trust in Bobby, I think we'll spend £25m if we come fifth, and about £32m if we come top 4.

Common sense. There isn't a trophy for the greatest net spend. Next thing people will be saying 'We won the net spend', or 'we came last in the net spend'. Net spend as a measure of success is a myth. 'We came 4th , got in the CL, but tragedy, we didn't win the net spend league'
I think its a fact that there will be some loosening of the purse strings in the summer because there is more money available, but our poor turnover compared with the well known money clubs will mean that as always the first consideration will be financial stability. I expect that we will use our full quota of loans next season, will maybe say goodbye to a couple of veterans, and if I had to hazard a guess in this pointless 'net spend' scenario, I'd say around £15 million. Roberto will have a lot to work on in the summer, wherever we finish in the league, not least assessing the abilities of Oviedo, Kone and Gibson on their return from long injury lay offs. A striker and another younger Barry type are first on my list, even if Barry stays.

Given that there is a bit of a windfall across the league, I'm interested in how we spend vis-a-vis other clubs.

Last window we had money when no-one else had and refused to spend it, by carrying that money forward it gets camouflaged in the general TV splurge.

In other words, if the average net spend of mid-table clubs is 10 million this window and Everton spend 15-20, then the delay in spending is really just a slight of hand and not a 'war-chest'

Status
Not open for further replies.