Stones - Wish him well or get lost lad ?

Stones has gone to City, what best describes your innermost feelings on this ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good move for all involved really. Stones is the type of defender that managers like Guardiola and Martinez like. If he fulfils his potential then City will have got themselves an excellent player, but City have options that we don't have. They have a bigger and better squad so if he isn't performing he will be placed on the bench and they don't have someone like Martinez dictating how they should all defend as a team which put extra pressure on our back 4 last season. Stones has a long way to go to become a great defender though so for us to get Williams for the time being is the better option for us, especially with a £44m profit.

If you look at how Stones and Lukaku have acted in the past year or two, i'd say Stones showed us far more respect. He wanted to go and play under Mourinho and Guardiola yet he made those moves in the background and still put in effort whenever he played. He had some very poor performances last season but I believe he gave 100% in all the matches he played. Lukaku however, has constantly talked out in the press and gave up on our team with about 2 months to go, proven by the fact that he finished as the league's 3rd highest scorer despite no goals coming in the final 2 months. Lukaku has acted disgracefully at times and it won't be forgotten in my mind.

As for the move, lets not kid ourselves and be bitter. He's moving to Man City to better his career. They now have Guardiola as manager, have won 2 league titles in recent seasons, played Real Madrid in the Semi Final of the CL last season and will be playing in the CL again this season. He will earn more money, play with better players, play in grounds he would never have played with for us and in front of 15,000 extra fans. In a few years time, this might be something players of other clubs are thinking of us. Maybe not quite to the extent of City with them having far more money available but we could be a CL club by then at least if we get things right.

As if we needed any proof, Ash.

And I am absolutely certain Guardiola could teach him no more about the art of central defending than Ronald could :)

I agree with that. Would have been a much better teacher for him here but after 2 years of Roberto I don't blame him for wanting to go and work with one of the top managers in the game

I knew the basics of defending when I played, if I didn't I wouldn't have been a defender. For someone that cost £50m to come out with crap like that is embarrassing.

Basics of defending, Christ do me a favour.

Ps: My opinion of him hasn't changed, the lad will be England skipper some day and regarded as the top defender in Europe.

Holgate, especially now he is under the management of Koeman, will be the better player.

Once Stones makes mistakes he will be dropped by City. Sterling started really well last season for them. The winter months will be a lot tougher than Pep will realise.

Holgate, especially now he is under the management of Koeman, will be the better player.

Once Stones makes mistakes he will be dropped by City. Sterling started really well last season for them. The winter months will be a lot tougher than Pep will realise.

Can't see that. Pep has a plan which involves Stones. Anything or anyone else is surplus...see Yaya Toure.

I wosh him well, but doesnt ever want him back. ~50million for him is amazing.
good player no doubt but seems the opposite type of centre half that fat Sam likes so don't see his England place secure as many of the media do.Glad we got the big fee for him.

Martinez brought him through encouraging the skills that City just paid £48M for....ergo, Martinez just paid for Everton's summer transfer activity.

Maybe Moshiri will finance the next window.

Good old Dave.....:)

Mind you, there is more than an element of truth in that statement.

Stones was whining about Bobby in that article we saw yesterday but I have to say I do not believes Stones would be anywhere near the elevated status he is enjoying right now if Bobby had not given him his big break and stuck by him longer than he should have during the bleak midwinter of last season.

Stones is moaning that he can't understand what he "did wrong" to be left out the starting XI for a few weeks but those of us watching him perform in our shambolic defence in November and December and could understand why.

Cant believe Stones has come out and said 'Guardiola has taught me row Z'. Who needs to be taught that even children know thats the best option when defending sometimes!! What a tool !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.