Stones - Wish him well or get lost lad ?

Stones has gone to City, what best describes your innermost feelings on this ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no animosity towards him. He is a professional footballer moving to a team which has more chance of success than we have. He has moved to a club with a new ground who are investing in their team and management we on the other hand probably broke even on our dealings in the window.
I feel the club have to be able to provide players with the chance of fulfilling their potential, John Stones has more potential than 11th place in the league.
I hope Koeman is not put off by this debacle we have all witnessed and he is committed to stay for a few years to build a squad that will cement a position in the top 6, I hope Williams, Gana and Bolasie get us into the top eight this season and a cup win so that we can start to attract better players on the back of improvements. We also need this stadium talk to bear some fruit. It would be nice to beat City with Stones in their team.

I think he is well short of the dark arts to prosper over there, tbh. Spanish forwards would have him in knots and booked every other challenge. The likes of Pique and Puyol and Ramos are top draw because they have talent in bucket loads, physically they are dominant and they are as snide as any forwards who'd try and take the piss.

Worth pointing out that when Pique was his age he was absolutely toilet.

You can't blame him for leaving. At City he is getting huge increase in wage, CL football and is playing under a world class manager. Why wouldn't he leave?

If he waited until next season he may have had all that here.

Well said, Grouch.

I wish more of our friends on here would concern themselves with the needs, aspirations and ambitions of EFC instead of constantly dwelling on reasons why players can't "be blamed" for wanting to leave.

We've ended up with a far better defender at the club and more money to strengthen other areas of the pitch. No hard feelings here but would rather have a proper no nonsense defender in the side any day of the week.

Sorry to see him go in many ways because of what he might become but lost interest in him steadily last season as it was clear he was losing interest in playing for us. We have got stronger defenders now which is our short term need rather than afford this lad the time to iron out some basic flaws in his game which I think are actually down to him to sort out rather than infer he was not coached something as basic as clearances and now ingratiate himself with Pep saying he is better at it now after a couple of games. And as for the dicky tummy in the Derby.....think it might have been another part of his anatomy lacking!!!!! Heart I mean!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.