Stoke v Everton 1st Jan 2014 @ 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think your lot deserve better to be honest mate. A grand old club should have a chance in the modern game at playing some actual football.

I don't really even mind the long ball approach to be honest -- whatever's legal. But you've got a team of fouling, shirt-pulling grocks, and that's less legal.

Thought they looked like us under Moyes today actually. Tight defence, hard to break down, bit of edge to the challenges and some smatterings ok okay footy. Oh and throw in the deflating late equaliser to make it the perfect mix.

Got lost in Stoke today

Twice

FML

Match was the drizzling as well

Got to see Wooly Blue briefly though, which was one of the few highlights

We should have won that 3-1 today

Luck seemed to escape us until the very end

Still, at least we got a point out of it

Mirallas was crap today and I'm glad Baines demanded the penalty for himself

Most teams, including us, do a lot of pulling/pushing/blocking in the box from corners , I wish the refs would clamp down on it.
Some of our reputation is ill deserved. Didn't think we were dirty today. If anything I thought Baines went down a bit too easily. no complaints about the penalty - we shot ourselves in the foot.

I think the Prem elite who play " the game the right way" are over hyped. Dare say that your great rivals were robbed by Chelsea , if you saw the game on Sunday - Chelsea, particularly Eto and Terry were brutal/cynical - but because the media were not looking for it , it went largely unnoticed. Stoke do not have any divers , but admittedly players like Adam need to clean up their game in respect of late tackles - and as a fan I wish he would.

Ah its more about the level of stick. Some people trying to claim he is completely philneville.

He does a job. Made a big difference today. We all know we need better backup but this is the squad we have. The abuse is ridiculous. We have some absolute belters for fans on here.

He made a big difference against Sunderland too. The point you're missing is that today he played in a position he can still excel in (ACM) whereas his recent sh1thouse performances have been in a position where he is worse than useless (DM).

I will be very happy if Martinez repeatedly brings Osman off the bench for 20 or 30 minutes in the no.10 position, but I will continue to fume every time he is deployed anywhere else.

He made a big difference against Sunderland too. The point you're missing is that today he played in a position he can still excel in (ACM) whereas his recent sh1thouse performances have been in a position where he is worse than useless (DM).

I will be very happy if Martinez repeatedly brings Osman off the bench for 20 or 30 minutes in the no.10 position, but I will continue to fume every time he is deployed anywhere else.

Bingo.

The point is we dont have a lot of options. Everybody knows he is not very good in CM...so no point is being missed.

Ill look at the bigger picture and deal with the reality of a squad that will be upgraded...you enjoy your fume.

Fair play to Stoke. They were organised at the back and decent on the break. Despite hitting the woodwork twice we were a bit flat today.

Osman made a difference in the last 20 minutes. Could have been better for us but I'm always happy to leave the Brittania with a point.

At the end Jela walked off first, on his own looking down. Sad to see that.

Been saying it for ages: Osman is a handful against teams late on as a sub. As a starter he's useless...worse than useless in fact.

The point is we dont have a lot of options. Everybody knows he is not very good in CM...so no point is being missed.

Ill look at the bigger picture and deal with the reality of a squad that will be upgraded...you enjoy your fume.

You pointed to his performance today as evidence that people have been wrong to criticise his recent performances. You completely ignored the fact that in other recent games he has played as a DM and today he played as an ACM. You missed the point of the recent criticism.

Every time he has been used in DM recently, he should have instead been at ACM with Ross moved back to DM alongside one or other of Barry and McCarthy.

The only thing you got right was the observation that we have very few options in central midfield.

Been saying it for ages: Osman is a handful against teams late on as a sub. As a starter he's useless...worse than useless in fact.

Aging legs, lightweight but a quick mind and feet. So long as we keep the midfield fit and he does
n't have to start, then Ossie has found his niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.