Stoke v Everton 1st Jan 2014 @ 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done today!
You ground out a result in the end.
You could have been two up with the free kicks hitting the woodwork.
I would love it if you went on to win the title - not impossible with your manager

Stick around you seem sound.

I am an old Stoke fan. a bit off topic, but do you mind if I take the opportunity to ask - How do you think that Ball, Kendall and the midfield player who escapes me at the moment ( not Labone) would fair in today's football. What would they be worth?

I am an old Stoke fan. a bit off topic, but do you mind if I take the opportunity to ask - How do you think that Ball, Kendall and the midfield player who escapes me at the moment ( not Labone) would fair in today's football. What would they be worth?

About £300million mate.

The other one is Harvey.

harvey

Think you're on about Colin Harvey mate. Before my time, but from what I've managed to see of 'little curly' Alan Ball, he'd be worth £50 million+

....that trio had the quality to play in any era. Ball was truly top drawer, MoM in a World Cup Final. How much is Iniesta worth? Amazingly Harvey and Kendall amassed 1 full England cap between them. Saying that, both would've been in £25m+ bracket.

As with the Sunderland game, today was one of those days that the little round thing just didn't go into that rectangular net thing (before the penalty obviously!).

We did more than enough to take all 3 points; we had several very good, clear cut chances. Stoke defended admirably and as though their Premier League survival depended on it. Looking at some of their blocking from shots today, they must be credited.

Very frustrating to only leave with a point on the balance of play, but one we gladly accept going into injury time a goal down.

For me Hudson was the best outfield player ( we had Gordon Banks who I never saw make a mistake/ Gordon West was also brilliant)) I've seen at Stoke and he only had one cap. He was a genius. I just missed out on Sir Stanley Matthews.

One of those days/games but surley we are having too many of them when one looks at how many games have been drawn.

A valuable point non the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.