Stanley Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
the one down side is that outside the uk, the shared ground would be thought of as liverpools and we would then become a second thought and in their shadow(hate them hate them spawn of satan RS scum)

Quite true, at the moment - but there's no guarantee that rs will be the more successful club in the long run. The ground will be associated primarily with whichever club has the highest profile & that will be based on the level of success on the field. If we're not ambitious enought to believe the club can be successful, then any new stadium is a waste of money.

This new stadium issue, if it really go thru, will tied up all our funds for the next 10 years. If you moan about our lack of transfer the past few seasons, imagine having to deal with it for another 10. I really don't know if I can live long enough to see us lift the league title again

Pros far outnumber the cons in my opinion. With Government funding something iconic could be achieved for the city and benefit of both clubs. I don't think as many of them will be opposed now their plans are stalling and signings are drying up.

If it would get us out of the deeply flawed DK project I'd be made up and so I think would a fair number of others. "I'm not sitting where they have sat" seems a bit juvenile to me, much as I enjoy rippin plastic gob$hites.

I would be for letting Liverpoo build their whisper like Emirates like stadium, buying Anfield for peanuts and turning it blue. Its a decent stadium and the capacity is just right for a club like ours. Sure we'd get stick from the turds but wait til they have to pay twice as much for a ticket in a stadium that won't be as good as Anfield is now. It makes alot more sense than going into 300-500M debt.

Look at Arsenal, granted Wenger doesn't like to sign big money players but they seem to be having money problems too thanks to stadium debt. They couldn't stump up the extra 2-3M for Alonso last year, and almost let Arshavin slip through their fingers as well. A new stadium is just going to add on more debt and the extra revenue from a larger capacity/luxury boxes will be negligible, the future is TV revenue.

Plus we could knock down the statue of shankley and drag it through the streets saddam style.

Looks like that lot over the way are in deep financial problems with their American owners, So much so that it is rather unlikey that they will be able to biuld their new stadium.

It would seem that actually although we are in debt, we may be in a better position than the other lot. So why can't we nick Stanley Park, did they actually buy the land? Who exactly owns it?

I am sure that we could get the finance to build there if allowed far more readily than moving to that other place which shall be nameless (to keep DaveK a little less despondent) I also think that we could stand a better chance of getting the finance than the other lot.

A ground there would repay itself far more readily than the "other".

So could we nick Stanley Park if that lot are doing nothing?

If Carling did Stanley Pak stadium developments.....

make or break for the arse this year, the memberships that they sold to fund the stadium are due for renewal next season. in the summer i heard their fans on talksport saying that they are now a selling club and seems like they are content with top4, on that basis why should they fork out £38,000 again (pretty sure that was the figure)
they have a long waiting list but the guy reckoned that everyone and his dog signed up cos if their name came out then they could always say no thanks.

the moores family have links with both clubs and a stadium could be built by them that belongs to neither club, it could bear the name stanley park or moores field or something like that, goodison rd could be extended up to our end of the stadium , analfield rd to theirs. with a new area that is close to the stadium built around it, replicating the tight st's that surround both grounds, that way we dont feel like we are out in some retail area or bit of waste ground.

parking wouldnt be any more of a prob than it is now in fact because of the location between the 2 stadiums would probably mean that we would use places that they now use and they use ones that we do.
the present stadiums would stay under the ownership of the clubs, for using for reserve games , concerts etc etc

either that or lady grantchester buys us outright, builds us a ground and lends bill and bully the money to run the shoite into the ground.

& i just know which option most will go forlol

make or break for the arse this year, the memberships that they sold to fund the stadium are due for renewal next season. in the summer i heard their fans on talksport saying that they are now a selling club and seems like they are content with top4, on that basis why should they fork out £38,000 again (pretty sure that was the figure)
they have a long waiting list but the guy reckoned that everyone and his dog signed up cos if their name came out then they could always say no thanks.

the moores family have links with both clubs and a stadium could be built by them that belongs to neither club, it could bear the name stanley park or moores field or something like that, goodison rd could be extended up to our end of the stadium , analfield rd to theirs. with a new area that is close to the stadium built around it, replicating the tight st's that surround both grounds, that way we dont feel like we are out in some retail area or bit of waste ground.

parking wouldnt be any more of a prob than it is now in fact because of the location between the 2 stadiums would probably mean that we would use places that they now use and they use ones that we do.
the present stadiums would stay under the ownership of the clubs, for using for reserve games , concerts etc etc

either that or lady grantchester buys us outright, builds us a ground and lends bill and bully the money to run the shoite into the ground.

& i just know which option most will go forlol

I often wonder without Wenger or if he left where Arsenal may be or end up - Utd to for that matter.

Think David Moores got the bullit at Liverpool at the end of last season.

Didnt know that mate?

it is on kipper but thats not where i 1st heard of it........

The Moores family has been involved in ownership of Everton and Liverpool through John Moores since the latter half of the last century. Originally Moores tried to buy into Liverpool ownership until he was resisted by the then owners led by T. V. Williams. After this he turned to Everton while retaining a steadily-mounting shares holding in Liverpool. The rest, as they say, is family history. One of the few times this got out to the general public was during Robert Maxwell's unsuccessful attempt to own both Oxford and Derby when he quoted the Moores family as precedent.

Who Owns Our Club & Why

great use of the colloquial term "are" excellent grammer fish-heads(n)

it is on kipper but thats not where i 1st heard of it........

The Moores family has been involved in ownership of Everton and Liverpool through John Moores since the latter half of the last century. Originally Moores tried to buy into Liverpool ownership until he was resisted by the then owners led by T. V. Williams. After this he turned to Everton while retaining a steadily-mounting shares holding in Liverpool. The rest, as they say, is family history. One of the few times this got out to the general public was during Robert Maxwell's unsuccessful attempt to own both Oxford and Derby when he quoted the Moores family as precedent.

Who Owns Our Club & Why

great use of the colloquial term "are" excellent grammer fish-heads(n)

Cheers mate i didnt know any of that!;)

mentions it here as well....
Lord Grantchester and the Moores family

Checking the football results has been a routine for the Moores family for generations. Grantchester, 58, is the grandson of Sir John Moores, who founded the Littlewoods pools business in 1923. The family, which expanded into mail-order catalogues and retailing, has long connections with both Liverpool and Everton football clubs.

just in case anyone paah paah's it cos it's on "the stinky fish"

John Moores was a right cnut by all accounts.

in relation to Everton Football Club ?
or employees at his other businesses ?

people who worked for jjb when whelan owned it reckon he is one as well, Wigan seem to have done well out of him though.
for anyone to become so succesfull in a business thay have to be a bit of one, the nice guy doesn't get anywhere.

"tread on and never be trodden on"

given the wealth that moores amassed i would imagine he crumpled a few corns on his way up the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.