Southampton v Everton. 20th Dec at 15.00.

What do you want for Chrimbo this year?

• Millenium Falcon

Votes: 59 21.9%
  • Adidas Kick

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Operation Board Game

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • An Everton win

Votes: 186 69.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuming today. I knew it was going to be bad after some **** damaged my car door earlier and drove off.
That was absolute garbage. A total disgrace to the club that today.
Fans are not stupid, there was a reason they booed on Monday.
The football on offer this season has been slow, laboured garbage. We have some very talented players, yet we look clueless and listless.
If this carries on into the new yearI cannot see anything other than managerial change sadly. We look a shadow of the side that won at Swansea 12 months ago :(

I never watch MOTD when we loose but I am tonight. I want the manager to hear what people in the media think of that team selection and I want to hear it first hand. Think it's pip tonight so maybe he may get off lightly.

Travelling fans deserved so much better than that today. Southampton would be like a wounded animal after a bad run so I was expecting a battle.

But Barkley pushed out wide (AGAIN) to accommodate Barry (who's been poor before his ban). And Eto'o starting again when all his best performances have been as an impact sub.

Fook's sake.

Today we were again very pedestrian when we had the ball, moving it slowly, very predictable and easy for Southampton to defend.

We didn't have enough variety in our play, kept on playing short square passes instead of mixing it with the occasional long or diagonal ball. As a result we failed to stretch the game and Create space when attacking.

Again we still fail to deliver quality crosses and corner kicks continue to be very poor.

Think we simply need to start chucking more crosses into the box rather than mucking about with pass pass lose possession when we are close to the 18 yd box. Just don't want hopeful lumps into the box from the halfway line. There has to be a time and place to get it into the danger area rather than passing from right to middle to left to back to right to middle to left to etc etc think you get my drift. At least then Lukaku should know where to be instead of being as confused as the fans.

Today was the first day that I saw us generally crap.

Before today in my opinion and despite what the doom and gloom mob may make out, there has always been a feeling that no team has actually outplayed us and instead individual mistakes have cost us a lot of points. Even our drubbing by Chelsea saw us go toe to toe with them and had we remembered how to defend properly we probably would have got a point.

Today was different. Today was just awful.

I hate those judging a players form or ability in the aftermath of a game or an isolated mistake, but Sylvain Distin was absolutely awful. He's never where you want him to be and further never where Jagielka wants him to be. John Stones can't regain fitness fast enough, and even though there will be mistakes from the young one at least they will be from inexperience rather than a lack of quality. Until he's ready I would honestly play Alcaraz who I think is an able deputy to stones.

Baines and Coleman are massively missing McCarthy, however those who think Garbutt would do any better than Baines are just bonkers. Baines, along with Barkley and Besic, was the one of the only players who looked like he cared today.

What this team is missing though,me specially away from home, is pace - especially in wide areas. We all remember Deulofeu last season, and without him or someone of his playing style we are missing a major component of what made us so formidable last season. Even in the last 10 mins it makes a difference and today, with that amount of time left, it's no wonder Martinez did nothing - what has he got to bring on? McGeady, who for me just flatters to deceive?

The only other point if make in this vent is the seemingly polar opposite difference in mentality this year. Last year I heard buzz words from the manager about playing with no fear and with arrogance. I remember going to old Trafford and seeing Barkley, Mirrallas and Pienaar playing a one touch triangle in the centre circle during the second half. It was like a pre match warm up routine but it just personified the confidence and mentality which we had. This year we play with fear which is shown with how slow we play - risk averse.

Very, very concerning but no doubt the return of Kevin, Mccarthy and Stones will help.

I never watch MOTD when we loose but I am tonight. I want the manager to hear what people in the media think of that team selection and I want to hear it first hand. Think it's pip tonight so maybe he may get off lightly.

For once, I hope we are on last.

Today was the first day that I saw us generally crap.

Before today in my opinion and despite what the doom and gloom mob may make out, there has always been a feeling that no team has actually outplayed us and instead individual mistakes have cost us a lot of points. Even our drubbing by Chelsea saw us go toe to toe with them and had we remembered how to defend properly we probably would have got a point.

Today was different. Today was just awful.

I hate those judging a players form or ability in the aftermath of a game or an isolated mistake, but Sylvain Distin was absolutely awful. He's never where you want him to be and further never where Jagielka wants him to be. John Stones can't regain fitness fast enough, and even though there will be mistakes from the young one at least they will be from inexperience rather than a lack of quality. Until he's ready I would honestly play Alcaraz who I think is an able deputy to stones.

Baines and Coleman are massively missing McCarthy, however those who think Garbutt would do any better than Baines are just bonkers. Baines, along with Barkley and Besic, was the one of the only players who looked like he cared today.

What this team is missing though,me specially away from home, is pace - especially in wide areas. We all remember Deulofeu last season, and without him or someone of his playing style we are missing a major component of what made us so formidable last season. Even in the last 10 mins it makes a difference and today, with that amount of time left, it's no wonder Martinez did nothing - what has he got to bring on? McGeady, who for me just flatters to deceive?

The only other point if make in this vent is the seemingly polar opposite difference in mentality this year. Last year I heard buzz words from the manager about playing with no fear and with arrogance. I remember going to old Trafford and seeing Barkley, Mirrallas and Pienaar playing a one touch triangle in the centre circle during the second half. It was like a pre match warm up routine but it just personified the confidence and mentality which we had. This year we play with fear which is shown with how slow we play - risk averse.

Very, very concerning but no doubt the return of Kevin, Mccarthy and Stones will help.

have a feeling it will take more than that!

Martinez 'I don't think there is anything between the two sides.'
Ill [Poor language removed] tell you what was the difference - fight, passion and tactical awareness from Koeman. Instead of covering this mess up [Poor language removed] man up.

Just watched this again on MOTD, we were awful defensively for all 3 goals, Distin was especially to blame, and could have been to blame for another 2/3 goals too. Utterly gutless and pathetic performance, they beat us in 3rd gear which is a disgrace. bobby can do one with his post match comments too, should have laid into them after that, and should have at least apologised to the 3000 who travelled such a long way to witness such a cowardly display

Status
Not open for further replies.