so, what do we do on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawders

Player Valuation: £35m
City thread not up yet. But...

How should we approach Saturday? Do we just swap out Barry for Gibbo and go for it and get City on the back foot knowing we could get bum-r@ped on the break, or do we try and be more measured. To be honest, I'd rather put Deulofeu in for Barry and just try and hit them. Another option is to bring in Stones/Johnny and go 3 at the back

We gotta find a way to stop Toure, he has been an absolute beast so far this season. Hopefully Gibson can do a number on him.

"Bigger clubs" are used to "smaller clubs" sitting back in front of the goal. Go after them and you will probably cause them more problems.

Yep, contain Toure, but try to push them back in the first half.

Under our style of play I do think we'll thrive better away from home, and the first half of the Newcastle game proved how good we can be a going forward.
It was a complete contrast to what it has been for the first few games where we didn't get the ball forward quick enough.

I think we'll give them a few problems with Barkley, Mirallas and Lukakau, stick Gibson in for Barry and I think we'll do ok.

Think he'll swap the formation to his 3 at the back thingy! Especially since it worked for villa.

As long as he's not injured again, gibbo in for Barry, hopefully pienaar back too.

I think we'll play an attacking style but with out commiting a lot of numbers forward with the hope of snatching the lead andif we we can snatch the lead we'll sit but. Just like how we played Chelsea.

Worried. We've looked world class at times with the ball but allowed the opposition opportunities. Think Norwich, West Ham, Fulham and now Newcastle. All relegation level outfits but 2 goals shipped in all of those matches. City have quality all over the pitch and could rip us a new one if we are as casual.

Gibson in for Barry.
Oviedo/Pienaar (if either fit) for Osman.

McCarthy will be out most important player on Saturday as well.

Get at them. City are best in the league when they hit their stride but they do have a soft under belly. Energy, belief and play our own offensive game. And by that I don´t mean playing for set pieces like we did under Mr Wet Blanket, but passing and moving.

Worried. We've looked world class at times with the ball but allowed the opposition opportunities. Think Norwich, West Ham, Fulham and now Newcastle. All relegation level outfits but 2 goals shipped in all of those matches. City have quality all over the pitch and could rip us a new one if we are as casual.

Norwich = Several lucky ricochets and mis-hit cross landing on their strijer's head.

West Ham = Penalty and deflected shot.

Newcastle = Once a season worldy and silly mix up.

We dominated all three games and were more unlucky not to score more than we were lucky not to concede more. Looking at City's squad, it isn't that great. Honest!

Especially with Silva and Aguero injured. They'll only have two days to recover from a gruelling CL fixture as well. We've got to go after them.

Status
Not open for further replies.