Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lads, after that tremendous waste of time the question is how large is this 'war chest' we have now? All the saving we've been doing Goodison must now resemble an Egyptian tomb. Either that or we'll maybe invest in some top of the range sprinklers to go with the lawnmowers and maybe a couple of new pitchforks? Yeah, probably that. I love you Everton

I really am a bit gutted we didn't go for a midfielder (loan or otherwise) if we had a bit of cash. And if we did, then it was obviously Martinez' decision not to get anybody, which seems naive, especially after we just got ripped apart by the sh**e!

Need a big result against Villa tomorrow!

Not sure why he would need to bring in half a new squad.

A striker and a CM, even on loan, would have sufficed. We currently have no fit strikers and only have two CMs in the squad.

Agree completely on CM. been saying the whole time we needed at least a loan at CM, don't really think we needed to sign a perm striker this window. Mirallas can play there for a 2 weeks. CM is a disaster waiting to happen though. shouldve replaced heits as well

Arsenal have a mega stadium to pay for, we have nothing to show for our money disappearing into thin air.

I think we're just poorly managed financially in general. Look at how much Arsenal,RS, etc make with commercial deals. Arsenals new kit deal is massive and the RS got a deal with Dunkin Donuts which i bet is worth quite a bit.

I think with both our last manager and our current, we have proved very shrewd and savvy in the transfer market. Not spending foolishly when we have so little to spend. If his targets are not available or are vastly overpriced, then it is wise not to spend.

We just need to get players back from injury and we'll be fine. I do expect us to spend big in the summer and if we don't then I'll be all for criticizing Kenwright and Co. I'll hold judgment for now though. We did very well in the summer window and think we did decent in this window. No reason to fume.

I can now say that the three midfielders we looked at but ultimately didn't come are Canales, Suarez and Joey Barton this week. Apart from the latter we really went after them too but for whatever reason there was a figure in our heads and we wouldn't go above it.

Could be right, could be wrong. Suppose we will find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.