Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
The squad IS stronger than it was before the window. Maybe not in the current moment but I don't think Martinez was accounting for any injuries when he said that, come on. We can't just bring people in because of some injuries (most of which are short term). So I don't think Martinez has lied in that respect.

HOWEVER, we still needed a bloody CM and have done all season so that has really done my head in.

When all the Lolling and gallows humour dies down the sobering thought will come through loud and clear again: we will never do anything as a football club with these owners in control. No manager is bucking that trend no matter how good he is.

We're years off. It could be another decade until this regime are gone.

'Summer time' - yeah.

Good luck with that one, and the next, and the next after that.

FFS just seen a comment from an RS fan about how they need new owners who are willing to spend money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge difference in ambition - they won't stop until they win the league, they don't have the players to do so therefore they have owners who don't spend enough. Quite admire that - only the highest ambitions whatever happens.

We 'just' want top 4 or maybe an fa cup win, and really accept it's not realistic. It's definitley not with no strikers....

When you make a claim like he did you have to consider that injuries can and do happen all the time. Otherwise you end up looking a tit, like he does now.
So he is supposed to bring in half a new squad to replace all the injured players? I'm disappointed as well with the window. I thought we'd at least replace JH if he left and get a loan in at CM. Cm is my biggest concern

I think it's quite hard to get the right players for what we can afford,we are a top end side without the massive finance.The players we sign,whether they are loans or permanent they are higher end players,we are not going to be signing the players palace,west ham etc have,if we can't get the better player I would prefer us not to waste the money.But it's still disappointing to do nothing today.

Expected a bit more but I knew this was the case as Martinez had said.

Disappointed, Kenwright and the rest of the board don't care about our imminent future. Laughing at us all spending our money going the match and not putting anything back in.

We are mugs

tumblr_lvindqFkn11r76lino1_400.jpg

I'm sure everyone will have their theories, but for me this isn't down to Kenwright.

It was like this when moyes was the manager and still the same now only we have 4 loans we have spent 0 and just got another player of the books another 65k a week in bills pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.