Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. This is not FIFA14.

Still gutted we didn't bring Stracq back though.

Honestly, rather see him out there than throw George Green to the wolves. Stracq can take the punishment. In fact he loves to run past the big lugs that try to intimidate him. Their hatred fuels him, stokes his fire until it can't be contained, and he takes his anger out on the ball.

When all the Lolling and gallows humour dies down the sobering thought will come through loud and clear again: we will never do anything as a football club with these owners in control. No manager is bucking that trend no matter how good he is.

We're years off. It could be another decade until this regime are gone.

'Summer time' - yeah.

Good luck with that one, and the next, and the next after that.

Jesus wept

I'm seeing a lot of 'Oh now i know it was Roberto's decision i'm ok with it'

Just because it was Roberto's decision to let a player go without bringing someone in doesn't mean it was the right one, despite all his positive spin on everything.

So he is supposed to bring in half a new squad to replace all the injured players? I'm disappointed as well with the window. I thought we'd at least replace JH if he left and get a loan in at CM. Cm is my biggest concern

Not sure why he would need to bring in half a new squad.

A striker and a CM, even on loan, would have sufficed. We currently have no fit strikers and only have two CMs in the squad.

I agree mate and I'm definitely not having a pop at Martinez; I adore the guy.

But the injuries haven't been kept from him; he knows they've happened! So given that there is apparently money to spend, how come he saw fit not to strengthen the squad following these injuries?

The one thing we can all agree on is that Traore & McGeady is a better pairing than Jelavic & Heitinga!

I get what youre saying with the injures. I just only couldve seen us strengthen at CM and replace JH today (disappointed we didn't) theres no need to sign a perm striker just because lukakus out a month. Mirallas can play up top for 2 weeks til Traore is fit

If we win tomorrow we are a point behind 4th and there is still lots of football to play.

What sticks out to me though, is that the ****e are trying to spend serious money in signing a player to give them an extra push.

We appear to have very different aspirations.

When all the Lolling and gallows humour dies down the sobering thought will come through loud and clear again: we will never do anything as a football club with these owners in control. No manager is bucking that trend no matter how good he is.

We're years off. It could be another decade until this regime are gone.

'Summer time' - yeah.

Good luck with that one, and the next, and the next after that.

then go away, you bellend! how many negative comments do you want to write? go and support the shi**

Status
Not open for further replies.