Should we break up the Barry - McCarthy partnership?

Should we break up the Barry - McCarthy partnership

• Yes

Votes: 46 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 48.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guardian had mcCarthy as our MoM.

I think the problem is Barry, I thought it at the time we signed him that it was a big risk giving him a 3 year deal.

We have too many OAPs and the way Martinez plays requires legs to get back quick due to committing so many forward.

For me it would be Besic and McCarthy with Besic playing the Barry role.

Check the vaults @chicoazul

We've been weak in the middle since preseason and I think it's time to make a change.

Especially considering we have Gibson who was one of our best players under Moyes and Besic who was a class act at the World Cup.

I'm not sure who should be dropped but I definitely think its time to drop one or both.

I would like to see Gibson back in the team but I don't know how long he would last.

It's a shame.

He clearly does not trust / rate Besic, Yet.

Would like to see Gibson play, but need to be carefull with his fitness.

I don´t understand the constant guessing and surmising as to why Besic hasn´t played much.

He is new and young and we have a fairly solid spine to our team that I don´t think our, thankfully non knee-jerk, manager will be too quick about breaking up.

I would say the decision so far is pretty normal, and doesn´t have to say anything about how he rates him or if he trusts him.

Stop trying to malkovich into the managers brain.

I don´t understand the constant guessing and surmising as to why Besic hasn´t played much.

He is new and young and we have a fairly solid spine to our team that I don´t think our, thankfully non knee-jerk, manager will be too quick about breaking up.

I would say the decision so far is pretty normal, and doesn´t have to say anything about how he rates him or if he trusts him.

Stop trying to malkovich into the managers brain.

Yet....i said yet. Implying he needs time.

Barry is in danger of being our Gerrard where some of our fans just can't see the drop. Martinez ran him into the ground last season playing every game. It was obvious in some games at the end of last season that he was knackered.

At that age your body just doesn't can't keep up the same levels. I still think like Osman he can be useful as a player from the bench or even in rotation with time to rest but not every game.

McCarthy needs to show the same urgency with the ball as he shows without it. We are moving the ball far too slowly at times.

I'd play Gibson and Besic in the cup game and if either excel then they should keep the shirt until their standard drops. Too many coasting at the minute.

Nothing wrong with Barry. He's still doing the great job he did last year. Mccarthy though is hiding away from receiving the ball. Yes he's still going in to win it. But he's just not providing a passing option to anyone. You'll often see him head down with his back to the man on the ball, even when the Everton man in possession has no one else in space.

Jags, Howard and Osman should be dropped for the next game against Swansea. Jags gets ripped apart way too easily, Howard makes too many mistakes and has no competition. Osman is too small lightweight and we have moved on in the class of player who play in his position. We play too many side to side passes and need to be quick and direct instead. We also need to work on set pieces because we waste them all fed up of seeing Baines unable to cross the ball and beat the first man with the delivery I am also fed up with us not having a shot from 30+ yards out every now and then.. we still get to the final third and don't know what to do with the ball! Some strange substitutions have been made too I would of left Atsu on, at least he was quick and direct and willing to take on his man.

Status
Not open for further replies.