Votes: 138 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 114 40.4%
  • Yes and get Arteta

Votes: 30 10.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hes a striker coach and all the strikers have spoke highly of him, lukaku, DCL and Tosun at least off the top of my head have
It's hard to tell how effective he is as a coach, and it's easy to dismiss him as being not good enough, especially with our record for nepotism with employing seemingly all of our coaching / scouting roles held by ex-players. But then lukaku did improve at us and he explicitly stated that big Dunc helped him. And niasse has improved too

dunc has tried to do whats best for the club to get results and gets abuse from an ungrateful fanbase, while unsworth upsets all and sundry and phones in his role because he failed an audition for the top job, some proper biffs following this club
if you think Ferguson achieved anything then biff it is. The odd stormer then injured, sent off etc. Lauded for 'bein ard because we had sunk to Wimbledon levels.

if you think Ferguson achieved anything then biff it is. The odd stormer then injured, sent off etc. Lauded for 'bein ard because we had sunk to Wimbledon levels.
I was talking about his coaching, but dunc was a very good footballer, it's become popular amongst the 'must be edgy' lads to slate him, I was a regular during duncs years and he was a quality player, to deny that is sheer ignorance, the only fans I have seen call him 'thug' or 'yard dog' are kopites, reduce yourself to that level if you want, and to slag off someone who played through an undiagnosed compressed sciatic nerve for our years, which is insanely painful

Did he seriously have a titty lip on with the fans not being happy with things like 'riding high in eighth' or having one shot on target over five consecutive games?

Get a grip.

Allardyce is his ticket to another season on the bench looking important. I'm not surprised he's upset that SA is getting chants levelled at him telling him to get out of the club.

None of us here know what Dunc brings or doesn’t.

Hopefully we’ll get a proper DoF who can see where the issues lie & not be afraid to make changes.
On one hand, you could argue that Martinez, Koeman and Sam have retained his services, so that would suggest there's merits to his position.

However, there is then the argument that as a club we are well-known (notorious) for supporting ex-players regardless of their merits.

In recent years, you can quickly point at the return of Baxter into the fold and supporting Branch with his qualification post conviction for drugs.

Then there's the signature of Rooney and all the questions it brings up. Some may say it's a credit to the club, but are we a nostalgic soft touch?

When you add it all together, then I can see why there's growing questions about Ferguson's role at the role club - does he really merit a role?

Yes it's all speculation and hopefully a proper DoF will settle the debate, yet unfortunately the growing horror stories (I've heard of some) will...

...until then, fuel the fire further. While I do feel that there's positives in supporting past players, equally I do want us to be ruthless to succeed.

On one hand, you could argue that Martinez, Koeman and Sam have retained his services, so that would suggest there's merits to his position.

However, there is then the argument that as a club we are well-known (notorious) for supporting ex-players regardless of their merits.

In recent years, you can quickly point at the return of Baxter into the fold and supporting Branch with his qualification post conviction for drugs.

Then there's the signature of Rooney and all the questions it brings up. Some may say it's a credit to the club, but are we a nostalgic soft touch?

When you add it all together, then I can see why there's growing questions about Ferguson's role at the role club - does he really merit a role?

Yes it's all speculation and hopefully a proper DoF will settle the debate, yet unfortunately the growing horror stories (I've heard of some) will...

...until then, fuel the fire further. While I do feel that there's positives in supporting past players, equally I do want us to be ruthless to succeed.

Yes, we need to be professional & ruthless from the board down.

We need a clean sweep. Kenwright gone & a professional DoF with a proven track record.

Cut out the rot!

Yes, we need to be professional & ruthless from the board down.

We need a clean sweep. Kenwright gone & a professional DoF with a proven track record.

Cut out the rot!
Let's not forger that we're Everton and we're different from other clubs, which has it's positive and is something I'm proud of - to an extent.

Yet, I keep asking myself: would Man United do it? How about Chelsea, City or Spurs? God, would even that shower from across the Park?

Now I am not saying I want to be one of those clubs; simply, I want us to appoint people (players or coaches) because of their own merits.

Quite simply we need to ask ourselves are they the best we can get? If they're a Blue then great, but that should only be an added bonus.

Let's not forger that we're Everton and we're different from other clubs, which has it's positive and is something I'm proud of - to an extent.

Yet, I keep asking myself: would Man United do it? How about Chelsea, City or Spurs? God, would even that shower from across the Park?

Now I am not saying I want to be one of those clubs; simply, I want us to appoint people (players or coaches) because of their own merits.

Quite simply we need to ask ourselves are they the best we can get? If they're a Blue then great, but that should only be an added bonus.

I'm sure that all of the clubs you mention are employing former players in some capacity. I think Brian Kidd is still at City,and certainly Steve Bould was at Arsenal for years, and although in an ambassadorial role, Gary Mabbutt still works for Spurs. Below the Prem its fairly common for players to manage their former clubs.

I'm sure that all of the clubs you mention are employing former players in some capacity. I think Brian Kidd is still at City,and certainly Steve Bould was at Arsenal for years, and although in an ambassadorial role, Gary Mabbutt still works for Spurs. Below the Prem its fairly common for players to manage their former clubs.
Indeed they are, however my point is that we as a club appear to do it rather frequently and in some cases with questionable circumstances.

My point is that would would they appoint someone who wasn't at the standard required? Kidd and Bould for example had fantastic reputations.

Sadly, my concern with Everton is that we may have in the past appointment people more for their association rather than their own merits.

If we are to progress in the future then this is something we must steer away from, as I doubt the clubs above would be as lenient.

I was talking about his coaching, but dunc was a very good footballer, it's become popular amongst the 'must be edgy' lads to slate him, I was a regular during duncs years and he was a quality player, to deny that is sheer ignorance, the only fans I have seen call him 'thug' or 'yard dog' are kopites, reduce yourself to that level if you want, and to [Poor language removed] off someone who played through an undiagnosed compressed sciatic nerve for our years, which is insanely
I was talking about his coaching, but dunc was a very good footballer, it's become popular amongst the 'must be edgy' lads to slate him, I was a regular during duncs years and he was a quality player, to deny that is sheer ignorance, the only fans I have seen call him 'thug' or 'yard dog' are kopites, reduce yourself to that level if you want, and to [Poor language removed] off someone who played through an undiagnosed compressed sciatic nerve for our years, which is insanely painful
No denying he could play. It was how often that was the issue. Will you not wind me up with kopite jibes.........biff

Status
Not open for further replies.