Should Martinez still be manager for the FA Cup Semi Final?

Should Martinez be manager at FA Cup semi final?

• Yes

Votes: 99 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 846 89.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunately away points count too.

Done here for tonight, enjoy the fume-sesh catharsis. Can't wait to see how well the "lost the dressing room" nonsense holds up on Saturday.

4 league wins in 5 months (which includes the congested xmas period) is not even remotely close to being knee jerk.

The away record isnt good enough either by the way thats another myth

4 league wins in 5 months (which includes the congested xmas period) is not even remotely close to being knee jerk.

The away record isnt good enough either by the way thats another myth
The away 'record' is on the basis we've only lost 3 away games so far. Won 5 and drawn the rest. So on paper we're hard to beat away from home (last night excluded of course). But hardly record breaking and to be brutally honest its ok. It looks good that we've only lost 3 up against the avalanche of home losses. Thats all.

I'll always be grateful for that cracking first season as it was a good exciting season, trophy less but a step in the right direction. Then his second season satrted after what can only be described as a shambolic pre-season and we simply have never recovered. The highlights are few and far between. He has to go ASAP.

the absolute debris that is our season will be realised on sat as our weakened team fail to Man u I'm going and will be shouting for my beloved blues but you know what ? I just don't want RM anywhere near Wembley Never wanted him in the first place 2-0 at hull confirmed my fears...Grow a pair Kenwright and just do it..for the actual fans perhaps...you know those of us who spend money home and away watching the team through thick and thin ..but then we've been blamed for our displays this season Disgusted with the board and the clown who WILL relegate us if he stays ..NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM !!

I smell a kopite

What difference does that make. All I'm reading is stuff that I agree with. Results have been abysmal, in fact relegation material. The team seems to be going backwards. I don't care if Dixie Dean or Bill Shankly is saying it, it's what is happening........

Well he's not going to come out and say "our season is over and I'd rather phone it in for a derby to give us a shot at winning at Wembley, rather than rushing players back for a fixture we'll almost certainly lose either way" is he? He brought Barry off with an eye on saturday, you can disagree with that decision if you like but it's obvious the players don't give a toss about the league anymore and we're a different team in the cup.

No we genuinely wouldn't be, teams need managers. Can you leave the stupid hyperbole on twitter please?

Yes mate, we really showed DAGENHAM, CARLISLE & BOURNEMOUTH a thing or two.

And LUKAKU showed CHELSEA two things. More or less on his own.

Yes. We're a different team alright.

Sad to see blues attempt to defend this fool.

Agree with you, and can't wait for him to be gone either, However..... I'm sure I will come up with one, but for now I cannot remember a more spineless effort than last night. Regardless their feelings for the manager, they don't like the tactics, don't know what they are supposed to be doing etc, it doesn't mean you don't try..... I share your thoughts that we shouldn't defend RM, but I am very surprised at how many seem to be giving the players a "free pass" for last night... I mean really how many of them can honestly say "I gave everything I had for the club".... And to me I don't give a toss who the manager is, that attitude shouldn't be acceptable either... I half expected one of the players to man up today and say the players would refund those who wasted their money to witness that

Agree with you, and can't wait for him to be gone either, However..... I'm sure I will come up with one, but for now I cannot remember a more spineless effort than last night. Regardless their feelings for the manager, they don't like the tactics, don't know what they are supposed to be doing etc, it doesn't mean you don't try..... I share your thoughts that we shouldn't defend RM, but I am very surprised at how many seem to be giving the players a "free pass" for last night... I mean really how many of them can honestly say "I gave everything I had for the club".... And to me I don't give a toss who the manager is, that attitude shouldn't be acceptable either... I half expected one of the players to man up today and say the players would refund those who wasted their money to witness that

The Wigan 3-0 under Moyes was damned close given it was for a place in the semi with a championship team waiting their for us

The Wigan 3-0 under Moyes was damned close given it was for a place in the semi with a championship team waiting their for us

Ya, fair enough. I always thought that one we didn't start too badly, then about 6 minutes of madness, and we spent the rest of the afternoon looking at each other saying WTF just happened

And you're satisfied with that? Won 5 out of 17 matches on the road? Yes, it may be better than home record (4 wins from 17) but its still below 30% win rate. The only difference is we draw more away. Hardly anything to be pleased about, imo.
No I'm obviously not satisfied with that either, just a bit annoying that people keep cherry-picking the home-form statistic just to make an already miserable situation seem a bit bleaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.