Should Martinez still be manager for the FA Cup Semi Final?

Should Martinez be manager at FA Cup semi final?

• Yes

Votes: 99 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 846 89.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took out Barry at half-time, didn't try to rush Coleman back and saved Deulofeu as well.

Deulofeu has been in and out the team anyway for months and when started has been crap.
Barry went off with feeling a strain - supose we should have left him on so he could break down fully and miss the rest of the season though
Coleman is injured, and won't make the semi but apparently should have been rushed back and played injured

He put out a full strength team last night mate

Well he's not going to come out and say "our season is over and I'd rather phone it in for a derby to give us a shot at winning at Wembley, rather than rushing players back for a fixture we'll almost certainly lose either way" is he? He brought Barry off with an eye on saturday, you can disagree with that decision if you like but it's obvious the players don't give a toss about the league anymore and we're a different team in the cup.

No we genuinely wouldn't be, teams need managers. Can you leave the stupid hyperbole on twitter please?

Moyes did with only a QF game against Sunderland coming up and we still failed to win

If he had played fringe and youth last night I don't think the result could have been any worse and he could have used the Semi as a excuse, I bet you the mood within the fan base would not be this low either, But hey ho it would take a manager with sense to look at the bigger picture

Every single Blue with a brain cell could see last nights result coming a mile off, We have performed like turd for 90% of the season, Lets not forget most of our wins have come against relegation fodder and we have failed time and time again against any decent side, So please lets not pretend the players don't give a toss about the league and that why the results have been poor, They've been poor for two seasons

Stones also jogged off on his own, I'm sure if this had been our season on the line he would have tried to carry-on. I didn't seriously think anyone would disagree that he approached the squad selections with caution yesterday.

If we had a good manager, that would be very close to our best team.

Possibly took Barkley off to 'save him', but he had to take a forward player off after Funes went all Ryan Shawcross.

Maybe you should take over mate, how many cups have you won?

Again, I agree he should go in the summer but that doesn't excuse the insane knee-jerk here. Fortunately no one with actual power in the footballing world would be stupid enough to sack a manager days before a cup semi-final.

Why?

We'd stand a much better chance of winning if someone else is in charge on Saturday.

He's lost the players. He's finished

Staggering ain't it? It's like hiring a blind and deaf security guard and going "oh well!" whenever the place gets robbed.

:) The scary thing is he's being allowed to carry on "coaching" these players each day when all evidence suggests it's making them worse players. He's not just losing us cash via league position, player values are taking a nose dive too, it'll take a while for us to get over this season,

Again, I agree he should go in the summer but that doesn't excuse the insane knee-jerk here. Fortunately no one with actual power in the footballing world would be stupid enough to sack a manager days before a cup semi-final.

Knee jerk????

We have just been humiliated at Anfield in front of the footballing world coupled with the lowest ever home points total in our history

I don't know toffee Matt, but to be fair, my cat, armed with this season's Merlin sticker album, could manage this squad better than Martinez has over the last few months.

Knee jerk????

We have just been humiliated at Anfield in front of the footballing world coupled with the lowest ever home points total in our history
Fortunately away points count too.

Done here for tonight, enjoy the fume-sesh catharsis. Can't wait to see how well the "lost the dressing room" nonsense holds up on Saturday.

Done here for tonight, enjoy the fume-sesh catharsis. Can't wait to see how well the "lost the dressing room" nonsense holds up on Saturday.

You witness two seasons of trash. 21 wins in 72 matches. Hardly knee jerk. Martinez is out of his depth. Moshiri will appoint a great proven manager to replace the fraud.

And you're satisfied with that? Won 5 out of 17 matches on the road? Yes, it may be better than home record (4 wins from 17) but its still below 30% win rate. The only difference is we draw more away. Hardly anything to be pleased about, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.