Should Martinez still be manager for the FA Cup Semi Final?

Should Martinez be manager at FA Cup semi final?

• Yes

Votes: 99 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 846 89.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the complete opposite TBH, having him there won't be good for player mentality. Yesterday's "performance" hammered home what we all knew, the players don't like him, and don't want to play for him. It's absolutely staggering that someone as bad as this at his job has been allowed to stay in it this long, get rid now and we have a very small chance of actually winning a game on Saturday.

Staggering ain't it? It's like hiring a blind and deaf security guard and going "oh well!" whenever the place gets robbed.

It's the complete opposite TBH, having him there won't be good for player mentality. Yesterday's "performance" hammered home what we all knew, the players don't like him, and don't want to play for him. It's absolutely staggering that someone as bad as this at his job has been allowed to stay in it this long, get rid now and we have a very small chance of actually winning a game on Saturday.

No serious football club would have kept Martinez after last season

I voted YES. I agree that he needs to be sacked, but now is not a good time to sack the Manager, because we have an important game on Saturday. It wouldn't be good for the Player mentality

Utter nonsense

They want him gone, We want him gone, They are throwing in the towel and its clear as day to see, We had a CB go off with a iffy stomach in a Derby ffs

If he was to be sacked right now the mood would be lifted across the fan base and the dressing room

If we want moral on the up going into Saturday sacking him would be a massive start

Ahead of the derby, Martinez himself said it was a massively important game.

We saw how we "played" in that massively important game.

He's done. I can't actually think of a worse option than having Martinez taking that team to Wembley.
Well he's not going to come out and say "our season is over and I'd rather phone it in for a derby to give us a shot at winning at Wembley, rather than rushing players back for a fixture we'll almost certainly lose either way" is he? He brought Barry off with an eye on saturday, you can disagree with that decision if you like but it's obvious the players don't give a toss about the league anymore and we're a different team in the cup.

We'd genuinely be better off with no manager for that game.

No we genuinely wouldn't be, teams need managers. Can you leave the stupid hyperbole on twitter please?

He's let them run a mock as well Orly, indulging in bigging them up, blatantly telling certain players they don't have to put tackles in or close down, totally disregarded his duties as a professional manager to work on the basic aspects of the game such as stopping crosses, defending, set pieces etc.

He's a disgrace to this club is Martinez, an absolute disgrace and is up there with the likes of Walker for me, a manager so far out of his depth. The players have absolutely took the piss out of him and whose fault is that? His because he's a soft arse.

I literally can't stand the man being our manager a minute more mate

The amusing thing though is the fullbacks not stopping crosses was actually something implemented by Moyes - was a specific tactic of his, it's the one part of the defensive structure that Martinez has actually kept hold off.

Made it very amusing and hypocritical hearing him slating us for doing that last night when he was doing the punditry after the game.

Well he's not going to come out and say "our season is over and I'd rather phone it in for a derby to give us a shot at winning at Wembley, rather than rushing players back for a fixture we'll almost certainly lose either way" is he? He brought Barry off with an eye on saturday, you can disagree with that decision if you like but it's obvious the players don't give a toss about the league anymore and we're a different team in the cup.

No we genuinely wouldn't be, teams need managers. Can you leave the stupid hyperbole on twitter please?

Teams need good managers. Martinez isnt a good manager.

Said this to mick the nick earlier on the phone.

Its the only possible sane reason I can think of why he hasnt been sacked.

IF we lose and hes not sacked, I think I will have a breakdown.

If we win, I can see the "merits" of letting him see out the season.
If this happens there needs to be banners at every game.

Took out Barry at half-time, didn't try to rush Coleman back and saved Deulofeu as well.

Barry was injured - might be a doubt for Wembley.

Coleman was injured - might be a doubt for Wembley.

Deulofeu not starting was 'tactical', although to describe any of his decision making as 'tactical' sounds like a bit of a joke.

Teams need good managers. Martinez isnt a good manager.
Maybe you should take over mate, how many cups have you won?

Again, I agree he should go in the summer but that doesn't excuse the insane knee-jerk here. Fortunately no one with actual power in the footballing world would be stupid enough to sack a manager days before a cup semi-final.

Barry was injured - might be a doubt for Wembley.

Coleman was injured - might be a doubt for Wembley.

Deulofeu not starting was 'tactical', although to describe any of his decision making as 'tactical' sounds like a bit of a joke.
Stones also jogged off on his own, I'm sure if this had been our season on the line he would have tried to carry-on. I didn't seriously think anyone would disagree that he approached the squad selections with caution yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.