shane duffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played 2 1/2 games 2 years ago and people reckon he's the next Bobby Moore.

I mean, I like the kid, but FFS, the myth grows every month, already people are saying he played 6 games in a row and shot lightning bolts from his arse.

Bollocks

No one is saying that

It's the negative myth that's growing. He was rubbish and never good enough and every time he played he did rubbish and people are just pretending he did okay.

Rubbish. Everytime he got a chance he didn't let the side down whatsoever. Considering he was a young lad playing at the highest level, that shows he was well on his way

Point being, slower than Jags takes some beating and being inferior to both Jags and Distin on the ball as he was also takes some beating. Short story short, you can't expect to be a top flight centre half being a 1 trick pony anymore

distin did, now his pace is going he doesnt even have one trick.
duffy first start for blackburn, first clean sheet of the season.

Shane I felt for you. How come you cannot get a game here?
Well the main reason is that he's a Blackburn player now.

While I liked the lad, I heard mixed reviews. I don't think the addition or omission of Shane Duffy would make much difference to our overall team defensive play at present.

The whole team needs to pull its finger out regarding that.

Bollocks

No one is saying that

It's the negative myth that's growing. He was rubbish and never good enough and every time he played he did rubbish and people are just pretending he did okay.

Rubbish. Everytime he got a chance he didn't let the side down whatsoever. Considering he was a young lad playing at the highest level, that shows he was well on his way

I hate to break this to you lad, but, he plays for Blackburn Rovers. Fair play to you though, you've left yourself open to eternal vaulting when Duffy has had a career as a journeyman.

Bollocks

No one is saying that

Read the last couple of pages Mikey, it's proper RAWKish.

He was alright, he could have got better, he could have got worse, either way, two managers showed they weren't interested in playing him. They know more than anyone on here ever will like.

He played 2 1/2 games 2 years ago and people reckon he's the next Bobby Moore.

I mean, I like the kid, but FFS, the myth grows every month, already people are saying he played 6 games in a row and shot lightning bolts from his arse.
I have to say I'm inclined to agree with this. That's the fickle nature of football though.

Bollocks

No one is saying that

But he wasn't far enough down the line to merit a first team place. He was about 6-7th in the pecking order and it's only now that we are desperately looking for defensive solutions that people are calling for him. He was sold on for his own benefit and he's at a decent club, he's unlikely to play for Everton ever again but lets not make out like it was some huge error we've made. We've hardly sold Pique.

Last edited:
But he wasn't far enough down the line to merit a first team place. He was about 6-7th in the pecking order and it's only now that we are desperately looking for defensive solutions. He was sold on for his own benefit and he's at a decent club, he's unlikely to play for Everton ever again but lets not make out like it was some huge error we've made. We've hardly sold Pique.

The error wasn't so much in selling him as it was signing Alcaraz

Without Alcaraz and his contract to justify, Shane would have been in his slot and would have got more games

Once Martinez went out of his way to sign Alcaraz he simply had to play him otherwise it would make him look like a wasted signing. Sadly, Duffy was the one turfed out because John Stones is ahead of him when it comes to current development

Hence Galloway was signed, because Martinez knows that by the time he's ready, Alcaraz will likely be gone, so he can fit seemlessly right in

Duffy was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time

Its hard to judge Duffy fairly he never got a proper run in the team.
I think he will be one of those players like Richard dunne who will prosper away from here and make a very good centre half.

The error wasn't so much in selling him as it was signing Alcaraz

Without Alcaraz and his contract to justify, Shane would have been in his slot and would have got more games

Once Martinez went out of his way to sign Alcaraz he simply had to play him otherwise it would make him look like a wasted signing. Sadly, Duffy was the one turfed out because John Stones is ahead of him when it comes to current development

Hence Galloway was signed, because Martinez knows that by the time he's ready, Alcaraz will likely be gone, so he can fit seemlessly right in

Duffy was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time
Yes Alcaraz feels like a mistake, but Duffy wasn't his heir apparent nor likely to feature in a Martinez team. Alcaraz was bought so the transition from Moyes to Martinez way of playing was relatively seamless, in theory.
Galloway was signed because he's a genuine talent we get for buttons via tribunal and he plays the way Martinez wants. I'm not so sure it has anything to do with Alcaraz.

Its hard to judge Duffy fairly he never got a proper run in the team.
I think he will be one of those players like Richard dunne who will prosper away from here and make a very good centre half.

Richard Dunne? LOL - the epitome of a premier league journeyman. Won frig all and has played for teams that escape relegation, but never trouble the big boys nor get close to a trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.